• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Hp Bios Setup

I have a Hp model 734n athalon 2400
    512mb memory.
    I am trying to overclock and adjust FSB setting, VCore etc
    When I enter Setup I get a Limited Bios Screen that only lets me change the date and time and not much else.Need a full BIOS setup screen that I can get into BIOS as to try to
    overclock this baby.
    Bios setup screen says HP Pheonix-Award Bios setup screen
    But I think the actual mother board mfg is American I tried the web Hp and Motherboard MFG named american something or other with no luck, also is there a utility program that will allow me to make changes to this system?

thanks
    SeaHawk

pre-fab combuters like compaq and HP don't allow much in the way of overclocking
    you picked the wrong system if you want to OC :hammer:

Comment

:confused: When I purchased this system I did not even dream that Tweaking existed.
      But now that I have it there must be a way to get at those settings??
      Thanks
      SeaHawk

Comment

get a new mother board? :shrug:

maybe someone knows something I don't about HP comps, but I don't think there is a way make any real settings available

Comment

Try to sellf of that OEM case and mobo, and keep everything else and buy you a new case and mobo

Comment

Seahawk there are a few software programs that may help you in your quest. CPUFSB http://www.podien.de/ is what I use with my Compaq.

Your first problem is going to be finding out exactly what motherboard is in your system as software overclocking seems to require exact info in order to have a chance at working. A search on http://www.motherboards.org/ may help you.

If you do find a way to overclock that puppy go slow and don't be real surprised if something fries!
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
            X