Annoying Porblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Porblem

When I install the drivers for the AGP slot Windows won't load. Its a Asus P4SE and the graphics card is a PNy Geforce 4. This after a fresh install and format

it may already installed in your chipset drivers or you are trying to upgrade to an incompatible driver.......maybe

Comment

Got the latest BIOS?

And what drivers are there for the AGP slot? I only know of chipset software (INF).

Comment

Its the latest bios on there. I don't think its already on there as I can't install the Nvidia drivers for the graphics card. All I have moved the motherboard to a new case and it is a new graphics card. Before I moved it was fine but after a format and install of 98 se it doesn't want to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil2094
          Its the latest bios on there. I don't think its already on there as I can't install the Nvidia drivers for the graphics card. All I have moved the motherboard to a new case and it is a new graphics card. Before I moved it was fine but after a format and install of 98 se it doesn't want to work.
          With Win 98SE did ya instal the .vxd drivers, then the mobo drivers b4 the drivers for video card and then anyother device? :?:

Comment

Before I did the format it was windows 2000. The same thing also happened there.

Comment

you throw off the agp multiplier as it scales proportionately to your bus...............there may be issues

Comment

Didn't look at your sig....did you overclock by FSB or by Multiplier? If you raised your FSB your AGP bus could be overclocked and throwing a fit. :shrug:

Comment

No the system its on is completely stock. I've got it sorted now. I stuck on 2000 and put on the new nvidia drivers for 2000. Everything is ok now. 8048 marks in 2001 se not bad for that little system. Xp won't install though never mind its a secondary pc anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X