Acorp 7KTA Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acorp 7KTA Motherboard

I have a p.c. with an Acorp 7KTA ver. 1.0 motherboard in it. I would like to upgrade the processor, but don't know what processsors it supports. I have tried the Acorp website but still don't know what processor I can go to. (I also e-mailed Acorp and received no answer.) I currently have an AMD Duron 900 mhz processor in it (someone else built the P.C.). I would like to upgrade the processor to the fastest AMD Athlon XP processor the board will support. Does anyone have any information they could pass along on this subject? Thanks for your assistance!

usmma76

That is an old VIA KT133 based mobo so it's very unlikely that any Athlon XP would work in it (if it did it would be runnin' underclocked as only 100MHz FSB/200DDR CPU's are supported). That chipset was only designed to support up to an Athlon 1200 (Thunderbird) but if there's a BIOS upgrade then maybe an Athlon 1300 would work (Directron still has these in stock). A Duron 1200/1300 may work also work in it but still a BIOS upgrade will likely be needed as these are Morgan cores and not Spitfires like your 900. You'd be better off to upgrade the motherboard and memory if you wish to use an Athlon XP.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I figured I was going to have to upgrade the motherboard. Actually, I'm not a power user; I just want to have the necessary hardware in place to run the new Myst game (this is the extent of my gaming experience). It would probably run with the Duron I have on the motherboard now; I just wanted to be prepared.

Comment

Working...
      X