Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS PCP800SE PCI Serial Port Problem

Hi All,

I finally put together my first system from scratch for my son. Not a honkin' system, just a P4 1.6 with an ATI 9600 card. Running Windows 98SE as it is just for games.

The system works fine with one exception - PCI slots don't work. AGP bus works fine and the onboard functions are fine, too.

I have the most up-to-date BIOS (v 7.0) but I don't have functioning PCI slots. Windows keeps asking for a 'driver' when I boot, but there isn't a file on the 98SE disk that has that driver and I am out of ideas at this point. I have played around with the BIOS to tell it to enable PlugNplay for the PCI slot and the other setting is for letting the OS do - tried both. I then reset the bios to its default settings thinking that it was something that I had done in my haste, but to no avail.

Again, the system runs but I can't plug any additional cards in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, along with a very happy 9 year old to have full sound (versus onboard) for Call of Duty... when mom's not around, of course.

Thanks for your help,

James
    Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: ASUS PCP800SE PCI Serial Port Problem

The drivers will be on the CD that came with the board and ASUS' web site, so get them from there.

Comment

Re: ASUS PCP800SE PCI Serial Port Problem

Thanks Yawgm0th

I actually found them early this morning. I found a thread where the issue was that the OS doesn't natively support USB 2.0.

On the PCI card front, the card that I was running (or attempting to run) is a Sound Blaster Live OEM version. Creative was saying they don't support it under 98SE, but I found that the KX Drivers allow the card to work.

Thanks for your help.

JC

Comment

Working...
      X