Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer not shutting down, help plaese!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer not shutting down, help plaese!

I guess this isn't the worst thing that could happen to me, this being the first time I have built a computer. I have a MSI Neo2 platinum socket 939 MB, Athlon 64 3500+, kingston ram 2x512 CL=3, thermaltake Xaser III PU, thermaltake Tsunami case, ATI AIW 9800 PRO, audigy 2 ZX, 2 hitachi 160 GB 7200 RPM SATA in a RAID 0. Everything works great except for a few things. The case intrusion switch is always tripped so I have to go in and reset it, even tried to turn the cable to the other jumper setting, the power light acts as the HDD light and the HDD light doesn't work. But the biggest problem I am having is that when I try to shut the computer down from windows XP, it seems like it shuts everything down except for all the case fans, the cpu fan and the lights. I tried to reset the bios and that doesn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Computer not shutting down, help plaese!

just disconnect the case intrusion switch.
    the power and HDD lights arnt wired up properly which is why they arnt working, check the manuals for the correct wiring layout

Comment

Re: Computer not shutting down, help plaese!

same thing happened to me when i first assembled my PC. I've connected everything in the right place but, when i shut down the PC, it just starts again. So i ask my friend who's quite knowledgeable about PC and he told me to change something in the Bios under Power Management. I can't remember what it is, but it may varies on the MOBO. maybe that's the case for this guy too.

Comment

Working...
      X