New MB n Chip Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MB n Chip Problems

I just installed a new MB,, Asrock k7vt4a pro and CPU 1.8 AMD Duron, 1 gig ddr 400, new hard drive 60 gig, *new* power supply of 220 v...I have periodic restarted and freezing,, most everyday and want even run a movie all the way threw without restarting,, the CPU temp is 37C 98F.. i also am haveing problems with my graphics card not running correctly.. any ideas?

Re: New MB n Chip Problems

your cpu temp is fine,sounds to me like its your graphics. can you expand on the problem?

Comment

More times than not, random rebooting problems will be caused by either overheating or a power supply that isn't up to the task. Since overheating doesn't look to be an issue, that narrows down the playing field a good deal. While yhou say the PSU is *new*, you don't mention the brand or the rating (in watts). If it doesn't have enough juice to power your system, new isn't going to make a bit of difference.

As to the graphics card, if it isn't a PSU problem, see if it requires a Molex connector to be added for extra power and you haven't added one.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

ok kewl,, well the graphics card is a gforce fx 5500, the power supply is premier 220w 115-230v ... and again the problem is freeze'in and restarts,, sometimes it will even lose the hard drive and keyboard time to time , and i will have to restart it till it se's everything again.. this is the newest problem as of today

Comment

power suppy is the problem.
          yuo need 400watts or more from a good maker such as antec or thermaltake

Comment

While I would add more companies to the above list, I agree that a 220w PSU isn't nearly enough for your needs.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

A 220W is fine for that, but it would have to be from a decent company. I have a 1GHz Duron/80GB/Optical/9600 and five case fans running off a 235W Sparkle. Hell, my P4 and 9800 Pro ran off the 250W PSU that came with the Gateway. Granted, that PSU died, but that's because it a screw fell in and caused a small explosion, not because of being taxed too heavily.

Point it, you just need a PSU from a good company, not necessarily a high-wattage one. A 300W Antec, Thermaltake, Enermax, Fortron/Seasonic/Sparkle, etc. will do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                While I would add more companies to the above list, I agree that a 220w PSU isn't nearly enough for your needs.
                i would have added more but i couldnt think of any at the time

Comment

Working...
                X