^-- the above competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ^-- the above competition

I like that one. Or how about only sending PMs to the winners, so that they must visit the forums to know that they've won.

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2005
      Heres an idea I have seen on other forums for future contests. Anyone who enters must have 3 posts of value to the forums. Just an idea.
      Gah, 3 is too little since you can get them all pretty fast. Now, if it were to be 20, that would be pretty decent I find. By the 20th post the user would have explored the forums enough and maybe call it his/her new home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenphic
        Gah, 3 is too little since you can get them all pretty fast. Now, if it were to be 20, that would be pretty decent I find. By the 20th post the user would have explored the forums enough and maybe call it his/her new home.
        I think that the winners should only be notified by forum PM. That way they will have to return to the site and see if they one, not just drop their entry and run!

As for making a minimum post count: apparently an admin over at Overclockers Online simply deleted my forum account without warning for posting ten news articles in his members news section over the course of two days that were all leget and sourced. I had only 20 posts prior to this, but he has since deleted all posts, and contest entry.
        Last edited by Das Capitolin; 07-18-2006, 05:53 PM.

Comment

what is the max frequency for RAM that the neew mobo can handle?

Comment

-- FSB Settings: 100MHz to 600MHz
            -- PCIe Settings: 90MHz to 150MHz
            -- FSB/RAM Multiplier: Auto, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 2.66, 3.33, 4.0+
            -- CPU Voltage Settings: 1.0250V to 1.6000V (in 0.00625V steps), 1.600V to 2.375V (in 0.025V steps)
            -- Memory Voltage Settings: +0.025V to +0.775V (in 0.025V steps)
            -- PCIe Voltage Settings: +0.05V to +0.35V (in 0.05V steps)
            -- MCH Voltage Settings: +0.05V to +0.75V (in 0.05V steps)
            -- FSB Voltage Settings: +0.05V to +0.35V (in 0.05V steps)
            -- tiplier Selection: Yes (unlocked CPUs only)
            -- DDR2 memory on this board can be pumped up to 2.575V and provides a generous +0.75V increase to the MCH to facilitate overclocking.
            -- It is not easy to hit the 300MHz mark that many Intel 975-based boards were able to achieve. With default voltages, the board makes 280MHz (1120MHz QDR) easily, and then it hits a wall. Beyond 280MHz, you will fight for every extra MHz. Increasing FSB voltage settings to its maximum and up to +0.35V on the MCH, managed to get a final overclock of 288MHz (1152MHz QDR). On the memory side of things, the board does unofficially support memory speeds up to DDR2-1066 with its 4x FSB-to-RAM memory multiplier option.

-- (CPU multiplier) / 7 * (CPU frequency) = memory frequency
            -- For those who got DDR2-533, they can only get 490 data rate due to > 11/9 * 200 = 245 dual channel gives you 490mt/s at 128bit.
            -- Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.8 Volt DDR2 SDRAM
            -- Supports 800/677/533/400 dual channel DDR2 memory architecture
            -- Unofficially, the board can be configured up to DDR2-1066 to work with enthusiast memory modules.
            -- Get some really nice RAM modules for thisd board and stay away from the low end types. But man the DDR2 nice stuff is really expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenphic
              Good thinking guys - although I think 10 is a good number.
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

10 sounds fair.

Comment

Originally posted by timonokinawa
                  -- FSB Settings: 100MHz to 600MHz
                  -- PCIe Settings: 90MHz to 150MHz
                  -- FSB/RAM Multiplier: Auto, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 2.66, 3.33, 4.0+
                  -- CPU Voltage Settings: 1.0250V to 1.6000V (in 0.00625V steps), 1.600V to 2.375V (in 0.025V steps)
                  -- Memory Voltage Settings: +0.025V to +0.775V (in 0.025V steps)
                  -- PCIe Voltage Settings: +0.05V to +0.35V (in 0.05V steps)
                  -- MCH Voltage Settings: +0.05V to +0.75V (in 0.05V steps)
                  -- FSB Voltage Settings: +0.05V to +0.35V (in 0.05V steps)
                  -- tiplier Selection: Yes (unlocked CPUs only)
                  -- DDR2 memory on this board can be pumped up to 2.575V and provides a generous +0.75V increase to the MCH to facilitate overclocking.
                  -- It is not easy to hit the 300MHz mark that many Intel 975-based boards were able to achieve. With default voltages, the board makes 280MHz (1120MHz QDR) easily, and then it hits a wall. Beyond 280MHz, you will fight for every extra MHz. Increasing FSB voltage settings to its maximum and up to +0.35V on the MCH, managed to get a final overclock of 288MHz (1152MHz QDR). On the memory side of things, the board does unofficially support memory speeds up to DDR2-1066 with its 4x FSB-to-RAM memory multiplier option.

-- (CPU multiplier) / 7 * (CPU frequency) = memory frequency
                  -- For those who got DDR2-533, they can only get 490 data rate due to > 11/9 * 200 = 245 dual channel gives you 490mt/s at 128bit.
                  -- Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.8 Volt DDR2 SDRAM
                  -- Supports 800/677/533/400 dual channel DDR2 memory architecture
                  -- Unofficially, the board can be configured up to DDR2-1066 to work with enthusiast memory modules.
                  -- Get some really nice RAM modules for thisd board and stay away from the low end types. But man the DDR2 nice stuff is really expensive.

Read a newer review, they are hitting 350MHz+ easily now. The review you are quoting from is using a preproduction bios. Believe me, I have read every article on the web about this board......
                  GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                  AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                  Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                  Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                  Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                  PC P&C 500W PSU
                  2TB Seagate
                  Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
                    Read a newer review, they are hitting 350MHz+ easily now. The review you are quoting from is using a preproduction bios. Believe me, I have read every article on the web about this board......
                    http://www.ocworkbench.com/news.stm

He also said he could post up to 490mhz

Last edited by japroach; 07-21-2006, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X