I have a question about an Asus mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about an Asus mobo

I'm having a custom comp built and I'm seriosly thinking about putting a striker extreme mobo in it. My question is about the memory. I've been reading about the sli memory that has recently come out, will this memory work on this motherboard? I've read that it will but the specs that asus wrote says nothing about it. Does anyone know about this? Thanks

Re: I have a question about an Asus mobo

SLi memory is produced solely for highend nVIDIA chipsets (I don't know of anyother chipset that can make the most of them).

Comment

Originally posted by wily5150 View Post
      I'm having a custom comp built and I'm seriosly thinking about putting a striker extreme mobo in it. My question is about the memory. I've been reading about the sli memory that has recently come out, will this memory work on this motherboard? I've read that it will but the specs that asus wrote says nothing about it. Does anyone know about this? Thanks

To know about what memories r certified by nvidia as the SLI memory, u can check out this link :-

The memories which r on the top of the list r really fast & u should buy the Corsair or the OCZ modules (If u can afford them,ofcourse)coz they r faster than the rest.

To know more, about the EPP download this Whitepaper :-

BTW, u can check out the first link for everything u need(SLI ready devices) to build an SLI system.

These DIMMs are tested and certified for both AMD and Intel platforms.So, u can rest assured that ur Asus Striker Extreme will work with these memories.

OCZ has many SLI ready memories :-

Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-28-2007, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44 View Post
        SLi memory is produced solely for highend nVIDIA chipsets (I don't know of anyother chipset that can make the most of them).
        Asus Striker Extreme is based on the Nforce 680i SLI chipset.So, the Nvidia certified SLI memories on the previous link will work on the mobo.

Comment

Originally posted by AMDATHLONFX View Post
          Asus Striker Extreme is based on the Nforce 680i SLI chipset.So, the Nvidia certified SLI memories on the previous link will work on the mobo.
          Do you have a prob understanding English or do you just go around repeating the obvious or do you just like making useless posts?

Comment

Memory labeled as SLI is just a marketing technique to raise prices. My ram would smoke all that SLI garbage. Do not buy it. It is a ripoff. ANY memory works exactly the same with SLI.
            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
            Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
            Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
            Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
            PC P&C 500W PSU
            2TB Seagate
            Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44 View Post
              Do you have a prob understanding English or do you just go around repeating the obvious or do you just like making useless posts?

I'm not making any useless posts.I've posted what wily5150 wanted to know about.I don't know why u r criticizing every posts by me & I also don't have any prob understanding english.

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
              Memory labeled as SLI is just a marketing technique to raise prices. My ram would smoke all that SLI garbage. Do not buy it. It is a ripoff. ANY memory works exactly the same with SLI.
              Ya, I'm completely agree with u CC.These all r marketing gimmicks & wily5150, u should go for what CC has suggested.Don't go for those memories by paying a hell lot of money.There may be some differences but that's negligible & not worth the extra money.So, stay away from them & just buy any branded 800Mhz DDR2 for your Asus board.
              Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-30-2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X