Motherboard problems after BIOS update DG965WH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard problems after BIOS update DG965WH

Greetings, this post is about my computers failure power up after a bios update. Me and my brother who at one time built computers for a living couldn't figure out how to solve the problem and i was thinking that you might. I have an intel DG965WH motherboard that has been used by only myself and seems to be totally dead. i gave up 6 months ago trying to fix it but, as recent events unfolded i need the board for a friend. All of the other parts in the computer operate fine, since they all work on my new motherboard. In attempt to find what the problem is i have pulled out the battery for a long period of time, ran the system with two different types of processors and power supplies, multipul sticks of ram and pulled the discrete graphics. The board shows that their is power going to it but won't turn on. no fans spin, the moniter doesn't turn on, computer doesn't post, nothing. Any replies are greatly appreciated thx.

Re: Motherboard problems after BIOS update DG965WH

Bad bios flash = dead bios chip. If the bios chip is removeable, it could be replaced, otherwise the board is a goner.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

thanks alot for the reply. i was worried that it was going to come to this. :(

Comment

Did you check to see if you can remove the chip? Here is a page about this, so you can see if you have this type of BIOS chip >>>
        Badflash Bad Flash

Here is a thread with some options on trying to recover it >>>
        Hello all: I built a new PC with an Intel G965WH motherboard and after installing Windows Ultimate 64 bit on two 500 GB hard drives in RAID 0 everything was running great. All the programs I loaded worked fine and the pc booted up much faster than my 32 Bit Vista pc. The problem is, I...

There is a specific BIOS listed for use in trying to do this, so read carefully

Comment

Working...
        X