Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best mobo for athlon xp 2100+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best mobo for athlon xp 2100+?

I finally starting to build my new computer and I need to konw whats the best mobo? I'm going to be using AMD AThlon XP 2100+

Are ya lookin' for any special features such as RAID, onboard sound & networking, USB 2.0, etc? Do you plan on ocverclocking in your future too? :?:
    I recommend EPoX's 8K3A/E/+ line though there is anew board due very soon with more features. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I guess... Onbaoard sound, RAID, USB2.0, and firewire. and I dont plan on overclocking ***MIGHT CHANGE****

Comment

Be wise about your choice...many people never intend to overclock until they get a taste of it...than forget it...you want more! EPoX have been said to be the best for O/Cing and will prolly get my self one in a lil' while, my ABiT works just fine for now...and includes RAiD. Though i heard from someone i believe it was RDR that Raid controllers might stop your system from hitting its max. I dunno if he meant when it enabled or just the controller alone. Anyways that was off the topic, a good board stick ABiT or EPoX. They have good price ranges and offer very good stabilty and performance.
        - Damien

Comment

The Abit AT7 is one with the lot if ya willin' to give up PS2 mouse and keyboard connections for USB ones. ;)

Comment

anymore suggestions?

fine i guess i'll oc

Comment

Both the Abit KX7-333 and EPoX 8K3A+ are good boards and o/c very well but I tend to choose the EPoX on its price advantage here. Also keep an eye out for the EPoX 8K5A+ as it has started shipping now though neither of these three boards has firewire and neither of the 1st two have USB 2.0 though there are cards that will add both in one card. ;)

Comment

One mroe qucik quesiton...

Do you have links to vendors in the US that have those on stock and/or are cheap?

Ive been searching for 20 minutes cant find any tat ship in the uS =|

Comment

Check out this thread, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=1752 , or someone from your neck of the woods can help out. ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X