X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3R Memory upgrade: Video fails to load

Hey guys,

I wasn't sure where to post this.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    For the past year, I've used 4 gigs of G.Skill CL5D memory in my system and everything has worked great. Today, I tried upgrading to 6gb by adding an additional 2gb of identical memory.

After some BIOS tweaking i can get the machine to boot normally. However, Windows seems to have an issue with the video. The video resolution sets itself to the lowest setting and the video driver fails to load. Occasionally, Windows will lock-up at this point.

Ive upgraded my BIOS to the most recent version. I've upgraded my video drivers to the most recent version

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300<o:p></o:p>
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R BIOS version: F5<o:p></o:p>
    G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:stockticker>DDR</st1:stockticker>2 1066 [email protected]
    G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK <st1:stockticker>DDR</st1:stockticker>2 1066 [email protected]
    Windows <st1:place>Vista</st1:place> 64bit<o:p></o:p>
    PC power and cooling Silencer 500Watts<o:p></o:p>
    SAPPHIRE, <st1:stockticker>ATI</st1:stockticker> Radeon HD 3850 (450watt required)<o:p></o:p>

Re: GA-EP45-UD3R Memory upgrade: Video fails to load

Please get a template from my signature and give us your full BIOS settings, you likely need to make a few changes is all.

Comment

Working...
    X