How to connect to USB pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect to USB pins

Hi to you all my first post on this forum.

I building a pc for my wife and I have a AsROCK motherboard. I have got all the wireing done but not the usbs. The case I got has 2 usb on the front but the wires have only 4 conecting wires 2 data, 1 Ground, 1 Vcc I cant see which of the 9 pins I ned to connect two. Any help please would be GREAT

Regards cornishman

Re: How to connect to USB pins

What you would do is put the two 4 pin cables from the case together into a single 8 pin "bundle like connection" connecting them together into one onboard USB Port, leaving the single and blank pin places empty

The side with the Red wires on it should go closest to the USB port where there is only one pin and a missing one.

Here is a image of how I have mine connected so maybe you can better see what I mean, same 4 pin cables into an 10 pin USB as I mentioned, sorry they are sleeved but you should be able to tell what I meant.

R, W, G, B away from the single pin side, with nothing connecting to the single pin or blank pin places, so you are only connecting 8 pins total

Comment

Hi thank you for the reply I can understand what you say.

The problem is the ASrock motherboard has 9 pins showing with no plastic surround just the pins sticking up. In the manual it says: usb power 2pins, p-5, p+5, p-4, p+4, 2 GND, Dummy. But on the lead from my case I have 4 ends 2 data,1 ground, 1 Vcc. Any help which pins I should connect too.

Best wishes Cornishman

Comment

Well that is the same as what I have above, just with plastic around it.

Connect it like I show above, the 9th pin is the one left empty on the left side (10th pin is always missing).

The color of your wires should be the same, and you would connect them exactly as mentioned above (Red, White, Green, Black - away from the 9th pin which is left unconnected)

Comment

Thank you I have got it all up and running now. I did what you said and its all working. Once more thank you for your help and time.

Best wishes Cornishman

Comment

Nice to see you got it working!

Sorry I couldn't explain it any better, I was going to try and find a normal un-sleeved cable and show you next if you didn't get what I meant.

Nice to see you finally got it working though, post back anytime if you need more help with anything!

Comment

here is a good graphical page with pinout diagrams to make it easier to understand what pins are what on those nine pin connectors.
              http://www.frontx.com/cpx108_2.html

Comment

Working...
              X