AsRock 890GX Extreme 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock 890GX Extreme 4

I have an AsRock 890GX Extreme 4 mobo with a 1100T AMD Phenom II x 6 cpu and 16 gb RAM (i got a good deal so what the heck) in a A60 thermaltake tower with a 1200 watt psu. The video card is a Radeon 5970 2gb and an audigy LS soundcard.
    For some reason it will not start up. I had the fans come on and light up but nothing on the screen. I thought I may have set the case connections improperly so I powered down and changed them and now nothing comes up again no matter how I set them.
    I reset the cmos battery and the case power button isn't working.
    I try the on board power button and it flashes red before going dead to all further attempts to power this way untilI reseat the CMOS.

Can anyone help ?

Re: AsRock 890GX Extreme 4

Possibly the motherboard is not seated properly in the case and is shorting. Check the stand-offs and use washers (if they were provided) to make sure the screws aren't in contact with any part of the motherboard.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Terminal Addict but no dice yet.
      I have reinstalled the mobo and checked all standoffs and their pink circle partners but still get nothing happening when hooked upto power. I tried the psu in a different tower and it is fine. I did notice one thing, on the power sw connection there is only a dual connection of power + and ground from the case to the mobo. The mobo has a + then - then Ground to connect into. I tried different combinations in desperation to see what would happen. Every combination failed. I am considering returnining to the store I bought it bought it from but am in Japan and translation is rough. Thanks again for the suggestion Terminal Addict, is there anything else I should check ?

Comment

I stumbled upon the answer 2 days ago.
        I mistakenly attached the PCI-E connection into the ATX 12 volt molex connection on the motherboard !! I thought it was impossible to have the PCI power attached to the ATX connector so I did'nt think of undoing the cords I velcro'd together from the PSU and check them.
        The PSU does not have PCI-E or anything stamped on them so I didn't realize my error until much later. Anyway, I am happy it is running well now and I have something else I have learned to watch out for in the future. Thanks Again to Terminal Addict for the assistance !!

Comment

Working...
        X