I think I have problems.......

sys config
    p4 2.53
    epox 4g4a+
    (2) WD SE Hard Drives
    SB Audigy
    Geforce3 Ti500
    512 Corsair XMS ddr pc2700

I've had nothing but problems the second I hit the power switch.
    I installed the RAM, Chip(h/f), HD's,and Video. RAM in Bank1 (Epox manual says it should be in this bank). I went to boot and all I heard were french sirens. I tried different combinations (no video (used onboard), no Hd just chip and RAM) nothing worked.

I moved to Bank2... same thing (different combinations)

Bank2... I was able to get to the screen that says, "hit delete to enter setup". I couldn't get any further. Ok... so i took a closer look at the jumper for the CPU select. By default, its on CPU select. I set it for 133MHz...no go. Then I set it for 100MHz. I was able to get into the BIOS. In The BIOS, I set the speed to where it should be... 133/2.53. It was bothering me that the RAM belonged in Bank1, not Bank3 so I tried again. Nothing...same sirens. Ok, I put the RAM back in Bank3 and flashe the BIOS to the earlier version (ddr333 support from tweaktown). Still working.... so I moved the RAM to Bank1. Still working. I proceeded to set up my Raid and load XP Pro. Since I was up and running, I started playing...I was able to get the fsb up to 150 but the RAM would not go past 266.

Next I upgraded the BIOS to the latest. I rebooted into the BIOS (new BIOS date was shown) and set the optimized defaults. System rebooted and I get sirens. Now, no matter what I do, I can't get it boot. Sirens on every Bank and combination.

I sent out the RAM to be checked by Corsair but I don't think it's bad. I also tried 512 stick of Mushkin pc2100. Still can't boot. i don't even get BIOS codes. As soon as I hit the power button, my screen says powering off and I get sirens. No codes are displayed. You think I messed up the BIOS with the upgrade? A bad board? Also, my keyboard works when it wants to.

Very sorry for the long post but I don't know where to start now. Any suggestions?

Gregg

ya it sounds like you may have a bad board. And the act of flashing the bios (not that its bad) probably made things worse. Or it was probably a complete conincidence. My guess is there something a little screwy going on in the bus. Is the board new? Or old? Is it still under warranty?

Comment

the board is 2 weeks old. I bought it from z-buy. I can't wait to see what issues I have trying to get it replaced.

Gregg

Comment

Did you try to clear the cmos to set everything to safe settings?

Comment

I cleared the cmos (by the jumper) and removed the battery. No go. What bothers me is I can't even get far enough for the LED's on the board to start. So something right from the start is detected as bad(or wrong)

Comment

Maybe you're not the only one with problems. I just tried to access Epox' site. The page won't display due to excess traffic. It does sound like a blown bios flash.

Comment

Working...
            X