X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else could be wrong

Hi there

I am having broblems with my daughter's pentium 111

One day she was using her computer and everything was working fine but all in the sudden the comp. started to beep
    so she closed her comp.She tried to reopen her comp and it kept doing the same thing...
    Anyway now she cannot open her comp at all.So I brought the computer with me and changed the power box and tried to open the comp.
    The comp started to beep again even though a brand new power box was bought for it......

Is there someone who can help me.
    What else could cause that problem.

Please just send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks

The first thing that comes to my mind is the possibility of a memory problem.
    As in, a DIMM may have failed or somehow managed to work loose.

The beeps are in fact error codes, perhaps this can help determine the exact problem;

Fact is, some BIOS use different codes for different models of motherboards, so any info as to the exact make and model would help greatly in diagnosing the problem.

You can of course go through the basics;
    Make sure all cables are firmly attatched.
    Make sure the fans are all working properly.
    Remove and reseat the memory -- if you have more than 1 stick, try using 1 at a time in an effort to determine if a stick may have failed.
    Ensure that the motherboard is properly mounted, and that nothing has occured which may be allowing it to short against the case.
    Try reseating the video card in the slot if yours is not integrated into the motherboard.

Hopefully, something simple is the problem.
    Good luck, and let us know how things are progressing.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Ouchhhh, are you trying to look into my head Mr.C.... ( memory problem)
      Hehehehe just kidding ....well You know what you said makes sense and I will sure look at the link you provided.

Thanks

Comment

I've had so many just like this recently so it's worth a shot, check the CPU's heatsink as quite a lot have been here lately that their owners were usin' them as dust compactors so they were overheating. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks 4 the info...I might have to take my vaccum cleaner out eh.....lol lol

Just kidding

I will sure take a look, I'm not an expert at computer though but I've been trying to do the best I can.All I know this beeping is turning me nuts at times cz it never stops beeping till you shut the comp down.

When she called me about 3 weeks ago, she told me that the tech just put a 128 ram in her comp and supposedly he said to her that it should fix the prob and never did though so she called me last week to go get it and fix it for her ...so hopefully I'll have good news for her soon

Comment

Working...
          X