Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i unlock my amd atholon processor

i am new to this overclocking business, and my first attempt failed

so i set my mobo to auto on the multiplier and another dip switch (auto or 100mhz [=200mhz fsb])

i tried doing the multiplier but ive heard that i need to unlock my processor before i do that.

i have also heard that in order to unlock it you have to connect some leads and im wondering how to do that.

noob in need:shrug:

------------------------------

this is what i have: http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/...XP%20Ultra.htm

gigabyte 7vaxp ultra

edit: missed some stuff

What type of AMD processor do you have? Thunderbird, Duron, Palomino, Thoroughbred, Barton? It depends on what type processor you have as to how to unlock the multiplier. If you don't know the processor type, then post the numbers from the core and we can go from there.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

well, i really dont know what type it is, but i have the box. it pretty much says that it is:

an amd atholon
      1400-266 MHz

its also got some gay eye catchers:

'with 266 MHZ front side bus'
      'performance enhancing cache memory'

it pretty much looks like this one:

but i know it isnt an XP processor

Comment

OK... so it is the older Thunderbird line. That is actually a good thing as they are very simple to unlock. If you'll check out our AMD Overclocking Guide you'll find the unlocking info for the T-Bird on page 8. You might find some other good info in there too. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

cool :afro:

Comment

Start learning NOW BRO......beofer it is too late. Do not mess with ocing until you know everything about your computer. I mean start looking in computer books, guides, and on the net like places like this. You are a nut for not doing that before ocing your proc. I mean come on> You don't even know what your processor is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap!

Chaos(nothing personal)

Comment

Damn Chaos, why so harsh? Hes new at this stuff and just trying to learn how to do it, we were all like that at one time. I admit there was a time I didnt know how to overclock, or unlock an Athlon, or how to tell t-birds,palaminoes,tbreds and all that apart, hes just trying to learn, like we all do

Comment

All i meant was that he should of known a little bit more about his computer before he started the complex procedure of ocing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos
                  All i meant was that he should of known a little bit more about his computer before he started the complex procedure of ocing.
                  Ok, but ya coulda said it like that he first time, instead of going all out on him.

BTW, what is your processor? I mean more than the speed

Comment

Do you mean me? My proc. is an Intel p4 2.4 ghz 533 FSB 512 cache. Why??

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos
                      Do you mean me? My proc. is an Intel p4 2.4 ghz 533 FSB 512 cache. Why??
                      what stepping.....just joking with ya, just wanted to see if ya knew about your proccesor, u said u should, just to prove myself Mines and Athlon XP 2100+ 1.733ghz palamino AGOIA stepping with 384kb total cache,

Man, i get off topic when im half asleep..i should go to bed

Comment

Same here....i am so tired! Posting for 2.5 hours!!!!!!!

Comment

i didnt buy my processor so i dont have anything about it.

other than my processor ive bought everything

Comment

Working...
                          X