Athlon64 chipsets, mobos, prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon64 chipsets, mobos, prices

i know that there has been some chipsets announced by sis, via, nvidia and amd for the k8 hammer.
    I've read that the fsb speed will be 800MHz. will they use dual channel ddr, is it possible to use dual channel ddr with the memory controller being inside the cpu?
    I would like to get some info about the new chipsets and about the release date of K8 in Europe.
    thnx in advance for replies
    :thumb:

have a look around here:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=nforce3

there is a bit of information there on the Nforce3.

Comment

UPDATE AMD Zone reckons AMD has booked the Moscone Center in San Francisco, opposite the W Hotel, on the 30th of September next. So that looks like it's the date...
      So far, talking to a number of OEMs here in Europe, there appears to be only a very limited supply of samples of Athlon 64 with PC manufacturers in Europe, at frequencies of 1.4GHz and 1.8GHz. AMD is hoping to up these frequencies signficantly in time for the launch of the product in September.
      Full story @ The Inquirer

Further, it appears that PCI Express Athlon64 chipsets from Nvidia will sample as early as the fourth quarter this year. While it will sample a wholly re-designed GeForce FX graphics core for the Crush K8 family in the fourth quarter of this year.
      Crush K8 supports AGP 8X, USB 2, three ATA-133, NV Raid, NV Ethernet, PCI 2.3, AC 97 and hypertension.
      And Crush K8S is similar apart from its support S-ATA(n), and Nvidia's Gigabit Ethernet.
      Nvidia will go into full mass production of the former chip in July. The schedule for the K8S means the A01 tape out will be in July, customers will get samples in August, production samples will be available in October, and mass production in November, if all goes well.
      This suggests that Crush K8S motherboards for Opterons won't appear until late September, with Athlon 64 support in November.
      Full story @ The Inquirer
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

thnx fellas, by the way, what is this xp 2800+ i keep seeing on thg which runs at 2.25GHz. I never saw this on any reseller...
        Such a thing really exists or what??? If it was produced before and is not produced anymore, why so??? It looks quite OK...

:thumb:

Comment

i'm not sure what your question is ufuk21p

but there is a 2800 for sale here:
          AMD ATHLON XP 2800 Barton

and there is a reveiw of it at Tomshardware.com

Comment

sorry minibubba, i know my question was not very clear, let me put it this way.
            I had this magazine which showed an AthlonXP 2800+, dated Jan 03, running at 2.25GHz and it had a tb-b core. Recently i saw the same product used in THG on some test setup. I know about the Barton core but that runs at 2.08GHz and has the barton core. I think now, that the cpu is probably an engineering sample THG is lucky to have.
            anyway, thnx for ur reply minibubba...
            :cheers:

Comment

The 2.25GHz XP2800+ Thoroughbred wound up being a paper release only as it would've killed Bartons that were late to shelves (it flogged the XP3000+ Barton) so only a few testers got hold of them.

Comment

Working...
              X