• Show
Clear All

• Urgent help with Abit IT7, P4 2.53

I have:
    Intel P4 2.53
    abit it7 motherbord intel 845 chipset
    Asus GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB
    Twinmos 512MB RAM

When I'am gameing BattleField, and other games I got alot of lagging/freezing. For dayly use it's fin. What's wrong??

-IsoTake-

Try updating drivers. Particularly video and chipset at www.ati.com and www.intel.com. You can also try the Windows XP Tweaking Guide by Persian Immortal. I imagine that it's a driver problem though.

Comment

I hate to say it , but BF1942 really likes ALOT memory and ANOTHER 512mb=1024 total will help quite abit.
      Next up on the list would be a newer v/card (if possible).
      I know thats not what you want to hear , but I have a IT7 with a 2.4b (533 bus) running @ 3250 that was my game server , but recently gave it to my brothers kids to replace the old MAC's they were using . The server had 1gig (2700 DDR) of mem already so all was fine there but needed even more of "push" with a 9800P for BF1942 to run really smooth with all the eye candy turned on . The server had a 9700NP installed when I turnedit over to the kids (and my brother= the BIGGER kid) was not quite happy , untill the 9800P went in the rig about 2 weeks ago .

Bottom line (and the cheapest) go with another 512mb of memory and you should be much happier with BF1942 .

I gotta say ... the IT7 was one of best stable boards ever to grace an overclockers tweak'in little hands . I LUV going to my bro's house now and being able to see the fun that family has using a nice rig PC for gaming and HOMEWORK (heh heh) and NOW ..... me gets to FRAG them ALL !!! :wink: 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
        Try updating drivers. Particularly video and chipset at www.ati.com and www.intel.com. You can also try the Windows XP Tweaking Guide by Persian Immortal. I imagine that it's a driver problem though.
        Hmm..seeing that he has a nvidia card...i dont see why an ati driver would help.
        Try www.nvidia.com
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
        SC: Audigy 2 zs
        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Working...