cpu over heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpu over heat?

im using a virutal drive program...baiscly i had a cd and now i made it into a virtual drive on my computer......but the thing is when ever i use my program (the one on my virutal driva) my cpu usage goes to 100% and stays like that as long as the program is running.....my question is...if i had it running like that would that over heat my cpu and burn out?

I run my overclocked PC's at 100% 24/7 with no problems but then I have good cooling and good case airflow in place.

Comment

Running a CPU at 100% will never overheat it if it has proper cooling. You would probably get a crash or something rather than your processor frying anyway. If that happens, you just lower clock sppeds or get more cooling (especially if you have overclocked).

Comment

then how do u burn out ur cpu? i figured if u cpu is running full power it will burn out afer a while...also i have stock fans in my dell...no extra fans

Comment

the cpu will burn out if it has not enough cooling
          that is less than stock cooling, or cooling that is not god enough for the overclock. neither of these should apply to you if the stystem is stable.
          or it could burn out if it is overvolted too far, this is only going to occur if your overclocking which you arnt so you should have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Cheap, crappy PSU's that overload can also burnout CPU's among other parts.

Comment

Working...
            X