Pentium 4 2.0ghz 400fsb
    1GB (2x512) Corsair XMS timeings 2-3-3-6
    pny Geforce fx6600GT v77.72
    Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA HDD
    NEC ND-3520A DVD-R/RW DL
    Samsung DVD/CD-RW
    Enermax Noisetaker 370W PSU
    Aquamark3 38,081

Now since I changed my Graphics card from a 5200u and upgraded my memory all my games fps have skyrocked up. however i get frequent little intances where i get no frames for about 1/10 a second. Is that because my cpu isn't up to speed with the rest of my system? I've heard of something called bottlenecking but I'm not really sure what it is. Thanks!

Re: Bottlenecking

I just realized that I posted the 20,000th thread. Man that is cool.

Comment

Its very likely that your CPU is holding you back as it can't even perform close to the slowest Hyperthreaded enabled 800MHz P4 but you may also have a process running in the background that could be causing the prob..

Comment

you need a better processor go with amd if you do alot of gaming

Comment

First of all, BillyBob, I don't mean to sound like an ass,but that was a useless post. Now, about Bagels post, yeah that proc is definitely holding you back. I also have a slower proc, (2.4), and I'm sure I'll start to experience BottleNecking soon... But you should probably do what I'm going to do, save up for a nice new 3.2 gig. =D! With an upgrade like that your system should run awesomely. Until you get that, you should probably look into some overclocking to hold you off until you get that new processor.

Comment

I also say overclock that CPU. I bet it will run 2.6GHz easily without much effort. I currently have a 1.8GHz 400FSB Northwood that runs at 2.4GHz 533FSB with no other adjustments other than setting the FSB to 133MHz (533MHz) in bios. You will see some decent gians that way.
            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
            Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
            Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
            Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
            PC P&C 500W PSU
            2TB Seagate
            Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

I highly recommend a new P4C CPU. Thats a hyperthreading 800mhz FSB CPU that will work in your current motherboard. The 2.4Ghz model is good enough for what you want to do.

casecutter, he has an Intel motherboard, so overclocking is virtually out of the picture.

Comment

Working...
              X