Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i try it?

Hi,
    I have had my athlon xp 1700+ for a while now and my dad says he has a athlon xp 3000+ barton core 400fsb lying around and Its still good. Ihave heard that many people said it should work.Shold i swap the 1700 out just to see? It would be great to see it work. THANK YOU!!

Re: Should i try it?

The KT333 chipset doesn't generally do well at a 200MHz FSB. You can try it, but I doubt that you'll get the true speed of the processor out of your system. It should work at a 166MHz FSB, but no guarantees. At any rate, it shouldn't mess anything up with your system.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Sorry but I've yet to see a KT333 based mainboard work with a Barton (generally when tried gives a no post).

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys. Unfortunately it crashed so many times that i lost data and can't even repair the drive. I'm now reformatting and puttting xp pro back on AGAIN!!! . I put my old t'bred back in and will not be so selfish. I mean i cant beleve i have it running @ 3000+ speeds besides the fsb. I'm not touching the processor anymore! Its just not worth the hassle for 3 second faster loading time! Thanks guys

Comment

The Barton's FSB speed isn't a prob with the KT333, the extra instructions built into the Barton core are and this is what generally causes a no post though some setups do post but stability has not been available to them.

Comment

Working...
          X