Clear All

• Amd XP 2200 Freezes Randomly

Specs:
    amd2200xp
    asus a7s333 mobo / sis 745 Chipset
    256 ddr 333 ram
    100 gig HD

Well it just likes to lock up whenever it pleases and its
    almosts different amounts of time of use.
    It will lock at Idle, in games, and small programs.
    If anyone can help Id much appreciate it.

Heres my temps and power :

300w

Asus Aprobe says:
    CPU: 52c
    MainB:42

Hardware sensor prog says:
    CPU:42 C
    MAINB:52 C

Those temps might be a bit high, what HSF are you running? and how much aditional cooling?

Also the 300W PSU might not be enough.

Comment

It's a little high, but it should certainly run at that temp. I would suspect psu or ram as it does it at idle. Do you monitor voltage? See any fluctuations? Here's a link to some freeware and shareware memory test apps:

Celebrating 10 years of .xyz - over a decade of innovation! We are beginning the countdown to our decade-iversary! Over ten chapters, journey through a decade of innovation with .xyz. From its ambitious inception to quickly becoming a leader in the domain industry, each press release will unveil a year of .xyz’s history, challenges, and

Comment

Done...no errors came up..

Comment

Thats always good :thumb:

Comment

I see that it is a pretty new machine. Has it always done this or did it start recently after a period of no problems? Which os are you running? If this happens very frequently, you might boot into safe mode (which leaves much of your hardware out of the equasion), turn off the monitor and power saving, leave the machine run all night, and see if it locks up. That might help you narrow it down.

Comment

Yes...I assembled it a week ago and its running XP Pro w/SP1

Comment

I have a 2200+ in a a7v333, with 512 crucial ddr pc 2700 and my temps arent that high. It could be your HSF isn't up to the task. Go out and get some Artic Silver Thermal gel. When i put it on my cpu, the idle temp went from 117f to 109-111f. Also try getting some fans in your case. Let us know whats up.

Comment

Make sure it's artice silver 3
                  and what HSF are you running?

Comment

See where it's red?
                    It most likely means it's to HOT

Comment

Its the hsf that came with.

And Im thinking of getting a thermaltake 9 this week so Ill see then. What do I do with this gel?

Comment

Get a Volcano 7+, they are better
                        The "gel" is also known as a "tim" "thermal interface material" or something like that.
                        You put it between your HSF and CPU to help conduct the heat across.
                        Artic 3 is the most proven.
                        You only need a thin layer though, search out some guides before you do it.

Comment

Artic Silver is a replacement for the pads that commonly come stuck to the bottom of heatsinks. It is generally considered to be superior. I use it with fast processors. Its purpose is to provide a thermally conductive bridge between any surface irregularities on the heatsink and cpu. Using it insures the largest surface contact between the components = greater heat transfer. To use it, start by using a piece of plastic (won't scratch) to scrape off the original pad. Clean the bottom of the heatsink thourghly with alcohol and a soft cloth. Apply a small dab of Arctic Silver to the surface of the chip in the middle of the cpu body. Smooth it with your finger or a piece of plastic. You want a uniform, thin film. Attach the heatsink carefully, not sliding it around a lot. BTW - my voltages run higher than yours, but who knows how accurate our monitors are.

Comment

Just because it's silver dose not mean it's good though, be careful there are alot of frauds out there

Comment

Just take a look here, http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm :D
                              They use pictures :p
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X