Overclocking a 2400+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking a 2400+

I am looking on overclocking my 2400+ to atleast 2800+ but most sites don't say much on the new t-bred and overclocking it. Could someone give me some advice on this, my next project will be a 2800+ to a 3600+ when I can aford it! Thanks guys! :thumb:http://www.ocia.net/articles/2400ove...verclock.shtml

They're all basically done in the same way as other Athlons and this guide, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...de&dId=376, will get all the basics explained to ya. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks, I have that one printed out beside me, and overclockers.de's interactive painting guide for XP and Thoroughbred paint guides with the setup I want printed out as well. I am running a ASUS A7V333 mb with a swiftech MCX 462+ heatsink w/ Vantec Tornado fan and Arctic Silver 3. I am in a Ahanix Noblesse case w/ 4 80mm case fans in it. Most people tell me I am over doing it but I like to be safer than sorry when I do things. How far do you think I can push it before meltdown?

Comment

That's hard to say since all processors are different. It has to do with stepping codes, manufacturing process and luck of the draw. But here is a link of a database that users add to with their results in the dark arts of overclocking. Just punch in your processor and see how well others have fared with it. :)

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Thanks Darth for the insight, that is one of the suites I haven't had on my list to check out.

I found on AMD's webpage the settings for the V-core, but I can't seem to find it now. :zzz: Would anyone out there be able to tell me the location of the said page, I am driving myself mad trying to find it again.:wave:

Comment

Working...
          X