Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pentium 4 Sweet Spot

Hello guys!

I want to inform all you that the best bang for the buck is quite obviously an Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz 533Mhz FSB!

If you think not, post a reply telling why. hmm that ryhms:devil win

The Coolist Thing, Chaos

Oh - Oh, Duck!
    The Leauge Against Intel Devices is about to storm this thread:eek:

otherwise known as L.A.I.D.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I am sorry to say this but for right now AMD products do not even compete with Pentium products. The facts and stats support my argument so take a hike AMD fans and......

embrace my wicked CHAOS

Comment

I like this guy, he's got hutzpah!

is that how you spell it, probably not, huh?
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Got a new P4 2.4 533 myself and love it!

Comment

I agree Mr.C. This kids got Cahoot: peace2: welcome to the club Chaos

Comment

Heres the Leauge Against Intel Devices, AMD has alot more bang for the buck, and i believe that even though they run slower than they PR rating, they are evern better than it, as SANDRA fgave my xp2100+ a PR of 2500. And most are cheaper, till you get past the 2200 or so. As for the o/cing side of things,you can unlock multiplier on AMD's, but not on pent. 4's. And look, amd does 9 clock cycles a sec, pent. 4 does 6, so it may have a slower GHZ but they still perform just as good as the pent. 4 with the GHZ speed of their PR rating or even better

ID say the AMD xp2400 thoroughbred is ther best bank for tjhe buck rigjht now, $135 at newegg.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos
                I am sorry to say this but for right now AMD products do not even compete with Pentium products. The facts and stats support my argument so take a hike AMD fans and......

embrace my wicked CHAOS
                You got it backwards, AMD hhas right up to Intel, they are almost even right now, with AMD edging them out, and evevtually AMD is gonna be the best of the best, so Intel fans, take a hike

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                  You got it backwards, AMD hhas right up to Intel, they are almost even right now, with AMD edging them out, and evevtually AMD is gonna be the best of the best, so Intel fans, take a hike
                  Ya but here's the thing, AMD doesn't have the money to beat intel in a chip vs chip race :) Intel has the OEMS, thus the money... and the P4's DO outperform the Athlon's :) And, once you break 2.53ghz or 2600+ on the AMD side of thigns, the Intel processors are CHEAPER exponentially(sp?) :) Eg., 2.53ghz p4 - $248 and a 2600+ - 360 CDN$... the 2400+ is 220 CDN$ (all prices are retail boxed versions, not oem). Not to meantion the flagships from both companies in this era right now, the 3.06ghz from intel and the 3000+ from amd... AMD's 3000+ runs at 890 CDN$ right now, wherein the 3.06 runs at a mere (okay not a mere hehe but compared to the 3000+, a mere) 625 CDN$. Best bang for your buck right now, at least here, is the 2.53ghz p4, which is almost 60 bucks cheaper than the 2.66, cheaper than the 2600 (equivilant in performance), and only 21 CDN$ more expensive than the 2.4 (plus, I've seen more 2.53's break 3ghz than I have 2.4's :D (however, the 2.53's tend to top out around 3.1ghz on avg))

Comment

lol yeah duck folks before we get ourselfs a flaming war here... :laugh:

I have a XP2400+ who can't keep up with my other system which is a 2.26 ghz P4, in the sse2 multimedia tasks I do the P4 leaves it behind in the dust.. ;)

:cheers:

Comment

Look AMD fans... here is the deal. Your AMD XP is almost equivalent with our Pentium 4 3.06 ghz 533FSB processor, but AMD's pricing does not undercut the Pentium's price. ($633 for a pentium. $590 for an amd)

By the way thanx for calling me a member of the club. Glad to be here.

Eternal Chaos

Comment

All great arguements here and Chaos........ure welcome:laugh:

Comment

i got someone with a P4 2.2 and mine leaves it in the dust at everything,

Comment

Doubt it mate u probably just had better ram etc

Comment

Sorry but my XP2600+ @ 2250MHz creams my 2.4B P4 @ 2700MHz and both cost the same to build.

Comment

Working...
                              X