Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with New DVD Burner .. It wont burn anything ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with New DVD Burner .. It wont burn anything ??

Hi Guys... need your help again

Went out and got a LiteON LDW-411S DVD burner ..

Installed it fine ... XP recognised it fine .... nero finds it ok .. but when I actuall go to burn a normal CD or DVD .. nero just sites there doing nothing ... the lights dont come onto the drive ... and basically the program locks up (using nero 6)

I uninstalled it and got a copy of burn4free .. and the same thing occurs ...

Can anybody help me out please

Never had an issue with my old CD burner ..

BTW I can read normal CD's and DVD's from this drive fine ..

Thanks in advance

make sure all the cable are securely in place. It doesn't take much for a cable that is slightly ajar to cause problems

Comment

If theres no connection problems, try removing the device from the Device Manager (Right click My Computer-Manage) And then restart. XP will re-install it for you.

Also check the website for new drivers or firmware for the drive.

Comment

Is the drive configured as the master on the IDE channel that its attached to? :?:

Comment

Hi Guys

I checked and all cables are correctly connected .. to be sure I pluged and unpluged.

The drive is on the second IDE controller and set to Slave .. I have master as my first CD/DVD drive

I found a firmware upgrade .. tried to install it.... it gets to 100 % and freezes at the saem point everytime

I have no idea what to do and those clueless prics at Harvey Norman said not their problem call the manufacturer.

Comment

B4 tryin' a firmware upgrade ya should've moved the burner into the master position as burners work better there as they need to control the IDE channel that they're on and tryin' to do that from the slave position is imposible.

Comment

Wiggo's right ! Burners HAVE to be set as master, or it's a "no go show" as gothic has found out. ;)
              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Originally posted by E^vol
                Wiggo's right ! Burners HAVE to be set as master, or it's a "no go show" as gothic has found out. ;)
                Sorry E^vol .. but your way off the mark ... :thumbs do

The only burners may have but the new ones handle being a slave .. I just worked out my problems and it was with the BUS MASTER driver for my VIA MB

I tried having the DVD burner as a master on both the Primary and Seconday .. and still no luck .. it did the same thing

Finally last nite I resorted to purchasing a new HD and reinstalled XP with the drive connected to secondary as a slave

Guess what it worked fine !!!

So I began to install my VIA 4in 1 drivers, sound card drivers and the IDE BUS MASTER drivers that came with the MB ... tried to burn and CRASH ... same problem

Hoping it wasnt the 4in1 drivers .. cause I would have to reformt .. I unisntalled the BUS MASTER drivers .. and :thumb: the drivers worked ...

I connected my orignial HD up as a master and the new on as a slave to primary and deleted the BUS MASTER drivers off them .. and it worked fine ... happy times .. I dont have to reinstall my original HD and all the software on it.....

So my next question is ... what am I missing out on .. by not having these drivers installed .. .the only difference I saw was that they installed a program called IDE Tool that allowed me to change the device settings to PIO, DMA etc .. not that I know that they mean anyway ?

Comment

Working...
                X