best video card under $150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best video card under $150

can anybody suggest a video card under $150, im building a computer for my brother and i have a $400 budget, i know its not much, but i just need something that will play somewhat newer games and i don't care about full out graphics. And if you can suggest any other good "value compenents" please fill me in

well you could do what i did and steal a 300 $ one from your grandparents and switch it with a 85$ one..haha i love rich dumb grandparents

Comment

Cpt.Crappy there are a lot of names for people who do what you say you did with your grandparents computer ..... "dishonest" is the most inoffensive term that I can come up with at the moment.

cheesemonster I have no idea what country you hail from, therefore no idea what dollar you are using. Geforce4 ti4200 is one of the most recommended cards for a budget system. There are others here who may have better ideas for you.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

hey dog, be as offensive as you want i dont care, not like they need it for running exel or word....they wanted a fast computer from dell and they had the money and so they got it, they didnt need it soo technicaly lets just say im borowing it for a long long time...and cheeseman is sittin right next to me, he is the the US and that card cheapest i have seen it is 90 bucks....ps there not my real grandparents either so that makes it worse:no:

If you want to be offensive then I can be more so and just ban quicker than you can turn around so you better wake up to yourself real quick boy.
        Admin.

Comment

boys, play nice.

cheesemonster, assuming you are talking US dollars (I doubt you can get anything decent for $150 Aus.), you may want to consider an Radeon 9600 Pro. It's more powerful than a Ti4200 and has Dx9 support.

here's a few available from newegg.com:

Comment

I'd suggest that R9600P as well for the same reasons unless ya want to save approx. $50 and get a GF4 Ti4200 but for go DX9 support.

Comment

Ditto on that, a Sapphire Radeon 9600Pro is a really nice card for $150

Comment

Working...
              X