AMD 2500, 2600 or 3200?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 2500, 2600 or 3200?????????

Ok I have my gigabyte 7N400-L mob and now need a cpu I was going to get a 2500+ but now I think I should go the 2600 or should I get the best 3200?
    can I overclock the 2600 to 3200?
    Oh what should I look for in a case? I dont want to pay heaps.

Unless you can find one that is already unlocked (won't be at Newegg), get a 3000 or 3200. They are all pretty good overclockers, but better to get those now and not need to upgrade later.

Comment

i would recommend the 2500 or 2600. both will be locked so the multiplyer wont be able to be changed. the 2500 should easily go from 166x11 to 200x11 (3200). the 2600 should reach the same speed but it would be on a lower FSB

Comment

Hey I just read a review that said the amd laptop chip is unlocked. I think it was the 2500xp but if thats the case then I should just get that and put it in my pc hey?
        would a laptop cpu work in my gigabyte 7N400=L?

Comment

if thats an nforce 2 then the mobile wont work.
          well it might but the multiplyer wont be unlocked.
          if its a via chipset then the multiplyer will be adjustable

Comment

*NOTE: Mobiles will run in all nforce2 motherboards and most via boards
            (with via you will be limited by not having a pci/agp lock so it is probable you will get a lower overclock than with an nforce2)

Comment

I think he is thinking of the MPs, I don't see why a mobile won't work in Nforce 2.

Comment

Working...
              X