Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a New PC! :)

Hey,

I'm buying a new PC and i wanted to see if its a good build :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
    CPU Cooler: ‪Scythe ‬YASYA CPU Cooler
    Motherboard:GA-P67A-UD7-B3
    Case:NZXT Phantom (Full Fans)
    PSU: ThermalTake Toughpower TT-W0230 850W 14cm 5 Year
    Memory:Viper Xtreme PX7312G2000ELK Patriot DDR3 4GB 2000MHz PC16000 (12GB)
    Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce GTX570 320bit 1280MB DDR5
    HDD: Western Digital 1.0TB 64MB SATA3 7200RPM

Is the memory fits the MB ?
    Is the PSU good enough?

I want to have a huge multi tasking ability in my PC, and to be able to run good Games.

Thanks,
    Dan

Re: Buying a New PC! :)

Triple channel is an odd choice for a dual channel motherboard. It'll work, but if the price is right you might want to look at a couple slower dual channel sets. PSU is big, more than enough power. It'll be fine, but you only need about half of that. The system will only pull 450w tops. I recommend you snag a 100+ GB SSD for the boot disk, and see if you can cut a corner somewhere else to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by nvalhalla View Post
      Triple channel is an odd choice for a dual channel motherboard. It'll work, but if the price is right you might want to look at a couple slower dual channel sets. PSU is big, more than enough power. It'll be fine, but you only need about half of that. The system will only pull 450w tops. I recommend you snag a 100+ GB SSD for the boot disk, and see if you can cut a corner somewhere else to afford it.
      I really don't understand in all this memory things, can you point me to somewhere i can read about?

About the PSU, i want it to support SLI if i will add another GTX570 later.

And which memory you recommend?
      and SSD is really expensive, and if i'll get one for BOOT disk it will be 180+.

EDIT:

What do you think about 2 sets of this memory
      Viper Xtreme PXD38G1600LLK 8GB (2 x 4GB) PC3-12800 (1600MHz) Low Latency Kit
      A Total of 16GB?

OR

OCZ OCZ3P2000LV8GK High Performance 2X4GB 8GB Platinum DDR3 PC3-16000 Kit 2000MHz 9-9-9-30 1.65
      Total of 8GB

The OCZ is double the price and half the RAM! lol
      but its on the supported list on the MB: http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileLi...67a-ud7-b3.pdf

Thanks.
      Last edited by danpe; 03-22-2011, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure what you are paying for the RAM, but an 8GB kit should cost $100 tops for 1600 MHz. Memory speed and timings aren't really that important, if you need to use 1333 RAM to save costs. I'd keep it to 1.5v memory too, the old 1156 CPUs had issues with high voltage RAM. Not sure if that's still true, but I wouldn't chance it.

The single most important speed improvement you can make to a computer is a SSD. It won't help gaming much, other than launch and load times, but for every day use it is incredible.

Comment

I'm not sure what you are paying for the RAM, but an 8GB kit should cost $100 tops for 1600 MHz. Memory speed and timings aren't really that important, if you need to use 1333 RAM to save costs. I'd keep it to 1.5v memory too, the old 1156 CPUs had issues with high voltage RAM. Not sure if that's still true, but I wouldn't chance it.

The single most important speed improvement you can make to a computer is a SSD. It won't help gaming much, other than launch and load times, but for every day use it is incredible.
          The RAM is really importent to me.
          Here is the price: Ocz Technology #(OCZ3P2000LV8GK) - Platinum OCZ3P2000LV8GK 8GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module

I really dont know which RAM to get.
          And Which SSD i should get?

Comment

That is absurd! Way too expensive. Do you live in the US?

Comment

That is absurd! Way too expensive. Do you live in the US?
              In Israel, But thats the price for those OCZ memorys.
              Ok i decided to downgrade the memory and to get the OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD SATA3.

Now which memory i should get? (from CORSAIR)
              1. 4Gb Kit (2G X2) CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 CL-7-8-7-20 (2 OF THIS) 244$
              2. 8Gb Kit (4G X2) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 CL-8-8-8-24 $195
              3. 8Gb Kit (2G X4) CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 CL-8-8-8-24 GT+Airflow II $224
              4. 16Gb Kit (4G X4) CMP16GX3M4A1333C9 CL-9-9-9-24 $346
              5. 16Gb Kit (4G X4) CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 CL-9-9-9-24 $396

This **** is getting really expensive ! lol
              Which one should i choose?

And will 120GB be enough for the boot cd?

Comment

If the cost is an issue, go with the 4GBx2 for $195. Games aren't using more RAM than that anyway, and you will still have 2 DIMMs free to add 8GB down the road when costs are lower.

the 120GB vertex 3 is a great drive. I have a 100GB partition for my C drive and it's more than enough for the OS, some media files and whatever half a dozen games I'm playing.

Comment

If the cost is an issue, go with the 4GBx2 for $195. Games aren't using more RAM than that anyway, and you will still have 2 DIMMs free to add 8GB down the road when costs are lower.

the 120GB vertex 3 is a great drive. I have a 100GB partition for my C drive and it's more than enough for the OS, some media files and whatever half a dozen games I'm playing.
                  I got more money so now i need to decide:

1. 16Gb Kit (4G X4) 1600MHz CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 CL-9-9-9-24 $396
                  2. 8GB Kit (4GB X2) 2000MHz OCZ3P2000LV8GK CL-9-9-9-30 $358
                  3. 16GB Kit (4GB x4) 1600Mhz F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL CL-9-9-9-24 $304

The OCZ one is on the fit list:
                  http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileLi...67a-ud7-b3.pdf
                  Last edited by danpe; 03-23-2011, 03:37 AM.

Comment

I would go with the cheaper of the 2 16GB sets. The Ripjaws are very well reviewed. The faster 8GB kit isn't really going to help you. Moving to 2GHz will buy you maybe an extra FPS, not worth all the extra cost. The additional RAM will be nice, especially in the next few years now that 64bit computing is becoming standard and games will be able to address the extra RAM. More RAM is always nice for multitasking too of course.

Comment

spammer?

Comment

Not really sure for the ram of it if they match all.

Comment

Originally posted by arviescoot View Post
                          Not really sure for the ram of it if they match all.
                          I bought the PC :)

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Super Happy :)

Comment

Working...
                          X