Deal of the Day Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal of the Day Thread!

Here you can post links to products which are selling at HOT prices, all around the world!
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Hey, hey! Might as well get this shindig started :D

OEM AMD Athlon XP 1600+ 1.4GHz 266MHZ FSB: Inexpensive solution, since this price is lower than the 1.1GHZ TBird on the same site!

US: http://www.newegg.com/ - $53.99
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...tby=14&order=1 FREE SHIPPING

And, to be fair for those of you in Australia:

AUS: http://www.simline.com.au/ (WA)-$126.50 w/ G.S.T.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

www.directron.com has a really low price on one item per day. Should go check it out...

Comment

so does newegg.com. Check them out here.

There are blow out prices and deals of the week...:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
          Hey, hey! Might as well get this shindig started :D

OEM AMD Athlon XP 1600+ 1.4GHz 266MHZ FSB: Inexpensive solution, since this price is lower than the 1.1GHZ TBird on the same site!

US: http://www.newegg.com/ - .99
          http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...tby=14&order=1 FREE SHIPPING

And, to be fair for those of you in Australia:

AUS: http://www.simline.com.au/ (WA)-6.50 w/ G.S.T.
          http://www.simline.com.au/product.asp?prodid=2451

Man! poor Aussies! look what they are paying in comparison to what we pay in the US! That is ridiculous! Surely there must be some way they can get cheaper prices than that!
          Here are my specs:
          System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by pga1234
            www.directron.com has a really low price on one item per day. Should go check it out...

Sorry....dude! newegg.com is CHEAPER! Example: right now they are both selling an RETAIL AMD athlon xp 2000 processor. www.directron.com price.....$116.00 www.newegg.com.....$112.00!!! I just checked both sites! This is only an example of one item....but newegg is cheaper on most other items as well.
            Here are my specs:
            System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Yes, that is just one item. www.directron.com has had cheaper prices on several things compared to www.newegg.com . Don't be getting on my case since they have one item for cheaper sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                webe3[/size]]
                Man! poor Aussies! look what they are paying in comparison to what we pay in the US! That is ridiculous! Surely there must be some way they can get cheaper prices than that!
                Well if you can work out something better for us then you'll be given a "god like" title. ;)

We don't kid when we talk about the ridiculous prices that we pay here for some items :eek:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

They arent that ridiculous, $53usd is like $103aud so we arent paying much more for that XP1600+. The only items i find here that a priced ridiculously are video cards. I have noticed that some things are significantly CHEAPER here than USA, such as cases, case fans, and power supplies. Shaun from www.below-0.net was telling me this is the reason they are receiving a large quantity of american orders for cases & case fans and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                    Well if you can work out something better for us then you'll be given a "god like" title. ;)

We don't kid when we talk about the ridiculous prices that we pay here for some items :eek:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

God like title??? Gee I will have to do some thinking on that one to see if I can come up with a solution! HE! HE!
                    Here are my specs:

Comment

Originally posted by pga1234
                      Yes, that is just one item. www.directron.com has had cheaper prices on several things compared to www.newegg.com . Don't be getting on my case since they have one item for cheaper sheesh.
                      Dude get this straight! NO one is jumpimg on anyone for what they believe! And yes newegg is cheaper on some items and directron has some different items for cheaper prices... but overall I STILL think that newegg (at least here in the US) gives me better prices than directron! Sorry, but that is my opinion. And by the way I was not just talking abiout one item....I looked up several more as well on both sites and I was just mentioning that one item as an example overall.
                      Here are my specs:

Comment

In my experiences, NewEgg charges ridiculous shipping rates to ship to my military address. Try US$20 for a $4 shipping charge.

Directron, on the other hand, only charges me that $4 bucks, so for me it's cheaper to go through them.

Directron also carries more enthusiast items, whereas NewEgg is more towards the mainstream components.

My site of choice is www.mwave.com, but I also try www.directron.com, www.newegg.com, www.outpost.com, www.compuplus.com, www.kdcomputers.com, and www.sidewindercomputers.com before I even think about buying a single item. It pays off to check as many different sites as possible. I have ordered quite a bit off of the internet, and have a pretty good idea of what each company's strengths and weaknesses are i just listed.

It's all about opinion. Buy from whoever you want, there's nobody out there who can or will tell you where to buy from. That's the nice part about a democratic republic, and the foundations of commerce we have established.
                        Chris "Raven"
                        News Crew - TweakTown
                        <!--
                        <font size=1>
                        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                        </font>
                        // -->
                        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

;) :smokin:

512MB BASIC PC3200 DDR Promo build $ 149

512MB PC2100 Beau's Bargain * limited quantity * $ 119

256MB PC2100 Beau's Bargain $ 55

512MB PC133 SDRAM Beau's Bargain $ 45

@

:cool: fyi

(US$ & shipping)

Comment

Working...
                          X