Gamedude are dodgy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamedude are dodgy!!

Of course this is only my opinion, but first impressions are always lasting. On my first dealings with them they threatened to blacklist me because THEY delayed sending my order by over a week, and I wanted to cancel it because I'm off on holidays for the next three weeks and won't be around to pick up the order. I even offered to pay any costs incurred for cancelling my order!! I mean I know these online resellers deal on skin tight margins (I know, I worked for a computer reseller for 5 years) but this kind of attitude should be nowhere near a business if you expect to keep your customers!

My e-mail correspondance as follows;

I am not sure if I already informed you, but that left here on the 24th. it cannot be cancelled. If you do not pick it up you will be black listed

Regards,
    XXXX XXXX

GameDude Computers
    Gamedude Computers has a large selection of computers and components available at our Brisbane store and we also ship Australia Wide.

Merry Christmas and we wish all our customers a happy New year

If you wish to place an order please do so on our websites ordering page situated here as we do not take email or phone orders

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 24 December, 2002 12:52 PM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Subject: Order Cancelation

Hi There,

I Ordered a GF4 Ti4200 128MB early last week and I was wondering if I could cancel the order? The reason I ask is that I thought I would've had the card by now (you guys are obvoiusly busy with the Xmas rush) and I'm going on holidays from today until late Janurary, so I won't be around to pick up the card from the PO anyway (it's a C.O.D order). I'll most likely (95% sure) be ordering new AMD system components as soon as I get back. Any idea how much the ATI Radeon 9500 Pro will be, and when it'll be available?

My details are;

XXXX
    XXXX
    XXXX

Thanks,

P.S I'd be happy to pay any cost incurred by cancelling the order. Let me know the amount and I'll DD it into your account.

Gamedude are dodgy. Very much so. Their customer service sucks too. They shipped me a CPU in bubble wrap, with no other protection, and I had to fight with them to get them to replace it when it arrived (the core was dead and about a dozen pins bent to all hell). They rarely have the products actually in stock that their site says they do, and they will always tell you that you should be buying something other than what you try to order. I had one of their staff tell me that the A7V333 was a far better overclocker than the KX7. I said to him that he was talking through his hat and he just about threw me out of the store. This is after waiting about an hour in the lineup outside (caused because they are too cheap to rent a large enough store to support their customer base).

So, to recap, Gamedude are:
    1. Cheap
    2. Stupid
    3. Lazy
    4. Extortionists
    5. Stupid
    6. Disrespectful to customers
    7. Stupid
    8. A horrible place to shop.

And thats my 0.02c worth

~Deke

Comment