Brackets for Mobos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brackets for Mobos

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this or should I have used "What to Buy" but anyway..

I'm after an S-Bracket for an MSI KT3 Ultra 2 motherboard (I think its the same bracket for all models).

Does anyone know where in Australia I could get one?

Also, a friend is after a Gigabyte "Audio Combo Kit" which is basically the same thing, but for a GA mobo.

I check out the stores that carry these brands and get them to order the part in for me when I need to get these optional extras. ;)

Comment

What kind of bracket is that?

Comment

Actually they're not brackets but extra audio ports that are fitted to an expansion slot cover which the stupid manufacturers list as optional instead of just supplin' the piece as standard with the mobo.

Comment

The one I'm after (the MSI S-Bracket) has a Optical OUT, SPDIF and 2 din sockets which are (I think) Line/IN and MIC.

The reason why I want/need it is that if (I current only got so-so 2-speaker setup) I get a 5.1 speaker set, then I won't be able to use standard Line/In or MIC ports since in 5.1 mode, all three standard audio ports are used to drive the 5.1 speakers.

Now, the reason why I'd like to be able to use the Line/IN and 5.1 speakers at the same time is that I do have a capture card and without Line/In I can't capture audio.

I suppose I could get a sound card, but currently I'm happy with the on-board audio (maybe I can't tell the difference because of the so-so speakers?).

Anyway, I do agree with Wiggo, the S-Bracket should have been included in the box. I did actually someone who has it listed on their web site (computermarket.com.au) and its only $9 but I don't know if they actually have it in stock.

Comment

Working...
          X