What do you guys think?:cool:

Mobo: Msi 845PE Max2 Fir
    HD: 2X WD 80G 7200Rpm 8meg cache
    Ram: 2X Kingmax 512MB PC-2700 DDR333 SDRAM
    CDRW: PlexWriter 48/24/48A
    CdRom: LG 52X
    Video: Msi GF4 Ti4200 128MB VIVO
    CPU: P4 2.53G 512K 533Mhz PPGA-478 Northwood

Well thats it for now. Any inputs are welcome;)

Ill trade ya mine for yours......It sounds like a good system to me, except i qoulda got the radeon 9700 or 9500, forgot to add, i wouldnt have gotten an LG cdrom, i have a history of crappy products from them, as i know someone who had an older lg burner, that you had to go into msconfig and shutr almost everything else off, but since yours is just a rom, youll probably be okay, as they say, "You get what you pay for"

Comment

Originally posted by Looper
      What do you guys think?:cool:

Mobo: Msi 845PE Max2 Fir
      HD: 2X WD 80G 7200Rpm 8meg cache
      Ram: 2X Kingmax 512MB PC-2700 DDR333 SDRAM
      CDRW: PlexWriter 48/24/48A
      CdRom: LG 52X
      Video: Msi GF4 Ti4200 128MB VIVO
      CPU: P4 2.53G 512K 533Mhz PPGA-478 Northwood

Well thats it for now. Any inputs are welcome;)
      Sounds good except for the motherboard. You may not have any problems with it, but in the past year I've had to (on average) rma about 1 in 5 msi boards (i've bought over 600 msi boards this past year).... got so bad i've got msi's rma dep't on speed dial :(

Personally, I'd look at a different board, for example, the albatron px845pe pro ii or the px845pev-800 (if you don't need a lotta features), or other companies like gigabyte... the sinxp1394 is a nice dual channel mainboard :)

Comment

Just make sure you get the newer MSI video card[Ti4200-vtd8x],
        You'll get "Toptech Cooling"and vivo,also consider getting dvd-rom
        [toshiba or pioneer 16x].You should have a look at the Asus P4PE /L mobo.I wonder how MSI is including so many features and software with their video cards for so little money.

Comment

I bought an LG burner about a year ago, 16x10x40, and Ive had no problems with it at all. My normal CD ROM is LG too, I think 40-48x (came with my old IBM), no problems with that either. Maybe i just got the good ones out of the litter?

Whats your opinion on that MSI GF4? Im lookin to buy one of those, depending on the outcome of the FX. My main atraction to it is the VIVO and cooling. Any objections to the card itself?

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
            amd_man2003[/size]]
            i wouldnt have gotten an LG cdrom, i have a history of crappy products from them, as i know someone who had an older lg burner, that you had to go into msconfig and shutr almost everything else off, but since yours is just a rom, youll probably be okay, as they say, "You get what you pay for"
            Looks at statement and then at sig :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
              Looks at statement and then at sig :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
              :blah: :blah:
              tell us the truth Wiggo, you run those PCChips with sdram ya self don't you.. specially in your xp2600+ machine ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

Comment

wiggo, i said you get what u pay for, because i know i got what i paid for, and got screwed. Just flashed my bios and it still won run at 133fsb, oh well, im gonna get 8rga+ when i can find it

Comment

Working...
                X