what size power surply ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size power surply ??

Not sure what size power surply to use I'am going to use a assus mobo a7n8x and a amd 2100 Cpu.also going to use at leat four fans and i have a antec case but i haven't purchased the P S yet any ideas ????

Get an Antec 430W or480W TruePower PSU.

Comment

Even a 350w would do the job.

Comment

So i guess as long as it is at least 350 it would work fine .Is there any harm in using a more powerfull one like the 400 watt ones ?? i use e bay alot so there are many to chose from but i will stick with something from antec unless someone thinks there is another unit just as good thanks so far for the help

Comment

The 350w, 400w, etc. ratings represent the maximum sustained power drain the unit is designed supply. All of them can supply less. E-bay is not where I would shop for a power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by lookerman
            So i guess as long as it is at least 350 it would work fine .Is there any harm in using a more powerfull one like the 400 watt ones ?? i use e bay alot so there are many to chose from but i will stick with something from antec unless someone thinks there is another unit just as good thanks so far for the help
            I havn't used the Antec psu's but only heard good things... Use a range of Enermax psu's in the 6 machines at the house here, and almost all of the 15 at the shop :) Like 'em very much.

Comment

Extreme Overclocking has a nice power suplly guide here: http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/a...y_Guide_1.html

Comment

Get a 350 or 400 watt one. That should do you fine for everything. (Oh and get a good brand name one, dont get anything that is TOO inexpensive either)

Comment

Working...
                X