What to buy? what to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy? what to buy?

ok i was looking around for some parts to build a pc for my friend he wants a pc that will play games good and i guess listen to music and so on. He wants to spend around $1100Cdn
    what i suggested to him was

Asus A7N8X Deluxe nforce2-ST w/A/L/U2/SATA/F
    Athlon XP 2200+ SktA Retail
    2x 256MB DDR PC3200 (Brand)<dont know what brand>
    Asus V9280/TD GeForce4 Ti4200 8X 128MB DDR TV
    Burner of some sort? non dvd
    Cdrom of some sort? non dvd
    Case 300W(dont know if he needs more or not)
    WD 40 gig(he says this is enough for him)
    floppy 3.5"

<this came to be about 1100 with tax>

ok what do u guys think about this setup also if anything what should i upgrade in it? say u got about 100bucks more to spend...

Another question is for myself should i wait till about May and buy the 2800xp or buy it now with that same mobo and ram(maybe more of it) can any one suggest on this maybe a diff mobo too?? or or or the 2.8 Intel with a Asus P4G8X Deluxe Motherboard

thanks for your responses and posts

If you want to hook the hd up to the SATA channel, the Abit NF7S has a SATA adapter in the box and is a little cheaper than the Asus. 300w psu is probably OK if it is a name brand as it should perform as expected. If he is going to use the optical drives ripping/burning music, I would choose quality brands there too. I wouldn't use a mini-tower case. Extra case fans might be in order too.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpowers
      Another question is for myself should i wait till about May and buy the 2800xp or buy it now with that same mobo and ram(maybe more of it) can any one suggest on this maybe a diff mobo too?? or or or the 2.8 Intel with a Asus P4G8X Deluxe Motherboard

thanks for your responses and posts
      Wait a few weeks / month(s) for the Prescott P4's to hit the market, and pick yourself up a 3.2ghz :) 'tis what I'd do (as for the board, havn't heard anything on any specifics yet, but as soon as I do... heh)

Comment

Working...
      X