XP2100 in a Soyo K7V Dragon Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP2100 in a Soyo K7V Dragon Plus

Hi ! I'm hoping that someone can explain this to me. My BF ordered me a Soyo K7V Dragon Plus motherboard and a XP2100 Thoroughbred to go in it. Now I read in the Soyo website that the board supports
    only the Palamino XP2100, not the Thoroughbred. Is there anyway I can make it work? They seem like very similar spec cpu's. I can't get any onfo from Soyo about what the new BIOS update supports. Thanks !

Motherboard spec:

Motherboard supported processors:

It looks like the mobo will not support it. I hate it when mobo makers don't list fixes with new bioses. I would imagine though that if the newest bios revision supported the Tbred they would trumpet it on the site. I've not heard of anyone being exactly sure what the problem is in suporting the Tbred on mobos that were designed before it, but several guesses I've heard suggest it is some kind of timing issue. I had an MSI board that I found a physical hack for that worked on it (had to remove a tiny capacitor), but I have no idea whether there is one for your board. If there is anything about one, I would think it can be found in the forums at this site:

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the answer ! I was going to return the chip, but while I was out at the supermarket, my BF installed everything in the computer and it works perfectly ! Perhaps Soyo was taking a cautious poise by not recommending the 2100xp Thoroughbred, but it certainly works well !
      Thanks ! ~~ June

Comment

Working...
      X