Help me disable deep freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me disable deep freeze

Ok, I installed Deep Freeze Pro 5.2 and now I can't thaw my computer, How do I get to the option where I type my password to thaw the hard drive?

Have more info if required.

Re: Help me disable deep freeze

waht is deep freeze?

Comment

Deep Freeze is a program that "Freezes" your hard drive so that when you reboot everything that you have saved since it was installed goes away.

Basicly takes an image of the drive and loads that image on boot. So no viruses and all that ****. It can be disabled in the case where you need to install somthing important but I had some sort of problem during the install so I coulent bring up the password screen.

In any case I was able to get rid of it after about 2 days of tinkering with things, some help from other forums and hours of google searches.

Comment

having read the reviews I'm kinda left wondering why anyone would want to install Deep Freeze on their pc. Ummm ......... no real support to be found either in relation to your problem. What did Faronics have to say when you contacted customer support?
        E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

they siad there was a problem with compatability with all nForce boards currently inproduction. So im screwed as far as that goes.

I wanted to install it because I've been made to let my little sister use my computer, she did about $500 in damage to the computer downstairs, I want nothing like that to happen here so that was why I wanted it.

Comment

OK I can understand that lol needless expense is not really required.

So Faronics had no fix at all? what now? remove cmos battery? will that work ?
            E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004
              In any case I was able to get rid of it after about 2 days of tinkering with things, some help from other forums and hours of google searches.
              Need to delete all the directory and system file from out side windows and some other stuff... I cant figure out what I did after that.

Comment

you could start by not pirating software.

Comment

who said any thing about him pirating ....

btw who cares if he pirated a piece of **** program like that

ctr+alt+shift+f6 = i think opens password dialogue box

Comment

Deep freeze was marketted to public libraries so that patrons who come in can't screw up the computers. So admins set up the computer how they want it to be b4 a patron uses it and locks it into a particular frozen state.. Anything done after that in the frozen state to the hard drive/system will restore back to it's original default state upon reboot.. Simply it is an awesome program that keeps restoring a machine to the last day the administrator set it up... I'd swear by it and I've used it in a public library and used it for my kids..

The Ctrl-Shift-Alt F6 does open up a password dialog but that won't help anyone who doesn't have a password. The only other alternate way besides calling Faronics technical support (who are fantastic) to clear up that system is booting from another device, floppy, CD, flashdrive and making changes that way or physically removing the hard drive and making the changes that way.. It is a bit technical and last resort would be formatting the drive and reinstalling the original operating system...

Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004 View Post
                      Ok, I installed Deep Freeze Pro 5.2 and now I can't thaw my computer, How do I get to the option where I type my password to thaw the hard drive?

Have more info if required.
                      Type: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F6

If that won't work then delete the file
                      C:\program files\HyperTechnologies\Deep Freeze\dfservex.exe

This must be done from DOS
                      1)Shut down your PC
                      2)Boot from a FLOPPY DISK with the old DOS
                      Type:
                      C:del dfservex.exe

Comment

Working...
                      X