MSN Messenger 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN Messenger 6

MSFN has obtained a copy of MSN Messenger 6 Build 0250 Beta, and here it is.

Download MSN Messenger 6 Build 0250 Beta
    Please remember this is a BETA version

Use Ad-Patcher to remove MSN Messenger Adverts

Ad Patcher written by vortex
    Some users have reported failure but this has been tested by Neowin on Windows XP with SP1 and they confirm that it works.

MSN Messenger 6 Beta screenshots

New and improved
    XML Chat Logging
    Individual chat backgrounds for each contact
    Array of display pictures for "My Display Picture"
    File sending improved
    Availability of Virus scanning for recieved files
    New file transfer interface
    And even more emoticons!

I think that I'll just stick to Trillian. :thumb:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Soz but Trillian is my flavour as well. :thumb:

Comment

MSN Messenger 6 Preview

Comment

Trillian Pro Here. Its cheap, plus it gives you a chance to support the wonderul guys making Trillian. And the Trillain pro skins! :wow:

Comment

Ah, it's good to see everyone using trillian now.. :)

Comment

/me spits on Trillian and opens AIM ICQ and Messenger :D

Comment

/me watches aZe^'s PC bog down on resourses. :rofl:

Comment

Don't worry about it Wiggo. Not everyone can be educated. : omg:
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

i think Messenger 6 is great. they have done a lot better job on it than in the v5 series...there are a lot more functions, including convo saving, but a autoreplier should have been added in.

speaking of convo saving, it says access denied to the folder, but i have full access, according to the security.

anyone know where i can find a indepth information on XP security? like real comprehensive? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                      /me watches aZe^'s PC bog down on resourses. :rofl:
                      i dont really care that much about resources, messenger and ICQ for me...

i did use trillian a long time ago, but never liked it much. havent tried the newer versions and cant be bothered

"thats the problem with us humans, we dont care how it works as long as it works"

Comment

I just uninstalled MSN 6, still has a few bugs as it is still beta. It doesn't log in sometimes, so I am now back on MSN 5.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                          Thoric[/size]]
                          speaking of convo saving, it says access denied to the folder, but i have full access, according to the security.

i did use trillian a long time ago, but never liked it much. havent tried the newer versions and cant be bothered
                          Well while the program is writing to the file ya can't access it but really ya should try the lastest Trillian as it's much better than the older versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                            Well while the program is writing to the file ya can't access it but really ya should try the lastest Trillian as it's much better than the older versions.
                            this is one thing that i don't like about trillian.
                            chat logs as text files?????????
                            in this regards yahoo rules. it has a pretty nice archive feature that saves chats in .dat format and is almost impossible to read without logging into that particular account.
                            trillian should look into adding something like this so as to increase a bit of security.
                            Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                            Last Updated:
                            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                            ======================
                            jabber : [email protected]
                            =======================
                            Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                            yabaa dabaa doo...
                            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

No Way, Trust me, Text Files are FAR better than any archive, for a million reasons. And security? You can disable logging all together if you must.

Text files are searchable a hundred different ways, which is the reason you would WANT a log in the first place, (to find specific info) Text files are TINY, easy for trillian to access and update (As opposed to some huge database of messages) You can delete any log at any time without a problem from trillian. You can remove all the logs and zip them and label them Logs from '01 or whatever.

They are viewable from anything other than the stupid archive viewer that ICQ and Yahoo have. And so trillian needs not be running to access them.

Comment

Working...
                              X