Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best Codex to use for Windows Media player 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best Codex to use for Windows Media player 10?

Right now it uses nero vision express'es since Windows media player 10 does not come with its own. I get stalls and poor sound quality on my laptop when watching a movie with Windows media player 10 and feel a better codex would work wonders.

Re: Whats the best Codex to use for Windows Media player 10?

I've always used the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

I've heard Foobar2000 has the best sound quality, but I've never cared much.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
      I've always used the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

I've heard Foobar2000 has the best sound quality, but I've never cared much.

How do I get Windows Media player 10 to use this instead of Nero Vision Express's?

Comment

Click the link and download it... You can also uninstall Nero in Control Panel > Add\Remove Programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
          Click the link and download it... You can also uninstall Nero in Control Panel > Add\Remove Programs.

Your saying it will automatically associate itself with Windows Media Player after its installed? Do I need to unistall Nero, I still want it for a second option. The volume in Nero Vision Express is higher than Windows Media player but Windows media player seems more compatable with movies on my laptop. I'm tring to get more volume if its possible, even when everything is turned all the way up its hard to hear Windows media player using headphones in a room with lots of people working.

I've tried installing both files you suggested, 1st k-lite, then after uninstaling k-lite I tried Foobar2000, neither seemed to make a difference in anything.
          Last edited by Spongebob; 10-15-2004, 07:37 PM.

Comment

If you're still having problems, the codec likely has nothing to do with that. Bad drivers, hadware problems, are even a system with too much of its resources in use could be your problem.

Comment

Working...
            X