ISO Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Files

Can you extract an ISO file with zip utilities like Winrar? I've ran across certain files that I can't open. Is there a better method to extract this sort of file?

ISO is a CD image file.
    What you need is known as ISOBuster !
    What other type of file do you want to extract?
    :cheers:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
      ISO is a CD image file.
      What you need is known as ISOBuster !
      What other type of file do you want to extract?

I D-loaded the program you suggested. Its a 720 mb file that I want to open and shows up on ISO buster as 618mb. I tried extracting it with ISO Buster but I'm not sure what to do. On defualt the program extracted it as a bin file. I guess what I'm tring to say is that I expected to see a bunch of files like you would see on a program. If this file that I have is a good ISO file, how do I burn it to a cd as a working program? This ISO is suppose to be a working program incase your wondering.

I have CloneCD and Nero burning rom for software.

Comment

Do you got a bin and cue file to work with?
        If that's the case then burn it with Nero, close the wizard **** and also close the "New Compilation" window that let's you choose which type of disc to burn.

Then just choose "burn image" from the file menu.
        Then you just specify where you have the cue file and then just burn..

However, you don't need a cue file to burn a bin/cue image.
        Many people think so but it's not true.

You can use a very good program called "Daemon tool" to mount the bin image. This program let you use the image as a real cd without burning it first. Download and install this software, then mount your Bin file and then open "my computer" and there you'll se the disc. This way you could decide whether the software is worthy of a cd. ;)

Comment

well to burn an ISO on a CD...just start your Nero Burning ROM and click on "Open an existing compilation".
          It will help you burn this ISO on a CD.
          Atleast thats one way I know to burn my ISO's with Nero...anyother way to do...I don't know...:?:

About ISOBuster...I have never used it but heard that its best when comes to getting stuff from CD's or ISO's for that matter.
          May be the file you are trying to access is renamed as .bin, try renaming it to .exe or whatever it is and then start it.
          It might work...you never know...:?:
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          =======================
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Your "Bin" file is a cd image, it will NOT work to rename it to something else.

You have to burn it to a cd or use a software like daemon tool.

Get this great tool:

http://www.d-tools.de/cgi-bin/Script...?daemon326.exe :thumb:

Comment

I get an unexpected format pop-up when I try to open it with Nero. The file is and was originally an exe. file pictured as a DOS thumbnail and I did extract it as a raw bin file with ISObuster but neither format works with asklepios's methed using Nero to burn it to a CD.
              I have never used daemon tool and I'm not sure how to mount with it either. Some insight would help.
              It is possible that the file I have is bad becuse it seems like I have been able to open certain ISO files with Winrar in the past and unzip them to a folder in my harddrive. Is that possible? I probably don't know what I'm talking about and maybe those files really were not an ISO to begin with.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I'm editing this post after I tried mounting the file with Daemon tool and it gives me a pop-up staing that this file cannot be mounted. I'm starting to think I have a bad file that cannot be used.

Comment

Ok, install Daemon tool and run it, you should now se the icon in your system tray. Right click it and under the "virtual cd-dvd-rom"
                And there you will find "mount image" option.

Click it and chose to see all filetypes or else you will not be able to se the bin file on your computer. (se image below)

Just specify where you have the bin filem click on it and then ok,
                you have now mounted your Bin image.

You said that the original format was "exe"..:?: :wow:
                It sounds like you are dealing with some other type of file than a real BIN but at least try this software and see if it works.

I use it everyday and if the imagefile is ok then it ALWAYS work.

Bin files are a real cd image format.. (best there is in my opinion)

Good luck..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                    Ok, install Daemon tool and run it, you should now se the icon in your system tray. Right click it and under the "virtual cd-dvd-rom"
                    And there you will find "mount image" option.

Click it and chose to see all filetypes or else you will not be able to se the bin file on your computer. (se image below)

Just specify where you have the bin filem click on it and then ok,
                    you have now mounted your Bin image.

You said that the original format was "exe"..:?: :wow:
                    It sounds like you are dealing with some other type of file than a real BIN but at least try this software and see if it works.

I use it everyday and if the imagefile is ok then it ALWAYS work.

Bin files are a real cd image format.. (best there is in my opinion)

Good luck..

I tried that but like I metioned before Daemon tool says that the file cannot be mounted. I think the file is messed up. I'ts CoreLDraw graphics Suite 11, suppose to be 3 CDS in one ISO file. With a 700+ MB file I had high hopes that it would work.

Comment

buddy...what exactly is your original file extension.
                      .iso or .bin?
                      if its .iso, use NERO to burn it and if its .bin, use Daemon tool to burn it.
                      In any case I feel very soon someone will close this thread...:thumbs do
                      Last Updated:
                      10th MARCH

======================
                      =======================
                      yabaa dabaa doo...
                      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Yes, if daemon can't mount your file then it's most likely corrupt.

The end. ;)

Comment

buddy...what exactly is your original file extension.
                          .iso or .bin?
                          if its .iso, use NERO to burn it and if its .bin, use Daemon tool to burn it.
                          In any case I feel very soon someone will close this thread...:thumbs do
                          It is an Application. Like I mentioned before my knowlege of ISO files is zilch. I was told that it was an ISO so I beleived it. I take it that an app can't also be an ISO? I extracted it to a bin file with the program you suggested but Nero nor Daemon can read either type of file. I'd say its currupt like tweaker mentioned. One other question can an ISO be unpacked with Winrar? It seems like I have had other files that do work and they were ISO, but I might be wrong. Does the extention have to be ISO to be an ISO?

Comment

ISO is an image of a CD...If you take an image of a CD exactly how it is with all its contents it is usually given a name an ISO.
                            Its so called cos it has got an extension .iso...just like the applications have got a .exe extension.
                            ISO is the most used extension for the image of a CD but there are different types of extensions used by different applications. Here's a small list of extensions along with the applications they are used by to be burnt on a CD.

- *.DAO (Duplicator), *.TAO (Duplicator), *.ISO (Nero, BlindRead, Creator), *.BIN (CDRWin), *.IMG (CloneCD), *.CIF (Creator), *.FCD (Uncompressed), *.NRG (Nero), *.GCD (Prassi), *.P01 (Toast), *.C2D (WinOnCD), *.CUE (CDRWin), *.CDI (DiscJuggler), *.CD (CD-i OptImage), *.GI (Prassi PrimoDVD), *.PXI (PlexTools).

There are numerous other extensions used by specific burning tools.
                            ISO is not something in specific, it is just an image of the CD. You can use most popular burning tools to burn it on a CD. About winrar being used to unpack ISO files...no idea...:thumbs do
                            Last Updated:
                            10th MARCH

======================
                            =======================
                            yabaa dabaa doo...
                            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

ISO is an image of a CD...If you take an image of a CD exactly how it is with all its contents it is usually given a name an ISO.
                              Its so called cos it has got an extension .iso...just like the applications have got a .exe extension.
                              ISO is the most used extension for the image of a CD but there are different types of extensions used by different applications. Here's a small list of extensions along with the applications they are used by to be burnt on a CD.

- *.DAO (Duplicator), *.TAO (Duplicator), *.ISO (Nero, BlindRead, Creator), *.BIN (CDRWin), *.IMG (CloneCD), *.CIF (Creator), *.FCD (Uncompressed), *.NRG (Nero), *.GCD (Prassi), *.P01 (Toast), *.C2D (WinOnCD), *.CUE (CDRWin), *.CDI (DiscJuggler), *.CD (CD-i OptImage), *.GI (Prassi PrimoDVD), *.PXI (PlexTools).

There are numerous other extensions used by specific burning tools.
                              ISO is not something in specific, it is just an image of the CD. You can use most popular burning tools to burn it on a CD. About winrar being used to unpack ISO files...no idea...:thumbs do
                              So a raw ISO (file) program could be burnt to a CD without any modifications and it would work like the original program? This doesn't make sense to me.
                              The entire contents of the particular CD program you are talking about above must be compressed someway inorder for it to only show up as a single file and have an extension behind it like ISO, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X