Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error BootXP

Hello,

For some time now every time I start XP I am having a message about an error concerning BootXP v2.30 RC1 (See attached file).

Don't know what it means, nor to solve it.
    Can someone help me out, please ?

Thanx and greetings

have u played around with the image that u get as your start up / shutdown screen cause im going to guess that its been altered and now its looking for either the altered one or the one u put over it

Comment

yep, my guess also... its clear its looking for the file on the CD rom unless you installed Windows on the D drive??? Did you install a program to modify the splash screen?

I have a fix... its called reinstall windows...

Comment

I'm no 'puter wizz but I do use Boot XP. Prolly won't need to reinstall windows as Boot XP also gives you the option to boot in a "pre Boot XP" environment during the windows loading period upon rebooting (assuming that you didn't disable the backup line).

Does the current boot screen work? If not then maybe you want to check and see if Boot XP is able to find the screen while in windows ... i.e. was the file moved?? If that looks good then maybe try to use a different screen to see if the one you are using is corrupted or not in the correct format to be properly initialized as a true boot screen. ....Just a couple of ideas to try...
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
        X