Outlook being over-protective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook being over-protective

Someone sent me an email which contains a *.exe file that I need to access. However Outlook blocked it with this message:

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: xxx.exe

Does anyone know how to disable this?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I'm afraid all attachments have been blocked useing outlook express if you d/l service pack 1. Not sure if you can disable it mate.:(

Comment

Yeah kick M$ for this new security feature they added in Office :hammer:
      btw i think that you are asking about Outlook that comes with office not Outlook express...isn't it?

anyways it can be done in both...Outlook as well as OE.
      For you Mr. Tweak, here's a M$ article (man don't I add too many links to M$ site...i should be called the M$ guy...:laugh: )

Anyways for rugbydude and all other who experience this thing with OE, its much simpler.
      Go to OE, Tools --> Options
      Security tab and untick the checkbox against "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". Click ok and you are done.

btw Mr. tweak, that xxx.exe doesn't sound to good to me. it seems to be a virus to me, take care while opening it.
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
        Yeah kick M$ for this new security feature they added in Office :hammer:
        btw i think that you are asking about Outlook that comes with office not Outlook express...isn't it?

anyways it can be done in both...Outlook as well as OE.
        For you Mr. Tweak, here's a M$ article (man don't I add too many links to M$ site...i should be called the M$ guy...:laugh: )

Anyways for rugbydude and all other who experience this thing with OE, its much simpler.
        Go to OE, Tools --> Options
        Security tab and untick the checkbox against "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". Click ok and you are done.

btw Mr. tweak, that xxx.exe doesn't sound to good to me. it seems to be a virus to me, take care while opening it.
        Thanks and xxx.exe was just the example I used.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

your welcome and i was thinking about something that struck one of my frnds...:)
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
          X