registry/powerstrip ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• registry/powerstrip ?'s

Case has been open since I noticed the cooling issue. I was getting it down to 74 with a fan blowing right on it and the case open in all directions.

Voltate: I noticed that was odd and I couldn't find anyone else who's voltage was that high unless they were overclocking wierd... but for some reason it wont let me change it even in cmos. Easytune goes to 0.000 if I change it either up or down
    :wow:

I got no clue whats up with that... I'm wondering if maybe my power supply is bad? I read somewhere that it messes up voltage and can cause overheating if the power supply is underpowered or broken?

Beyond that I'm not really sure. I just reseated the heatsink for a forth time and got more thermal gook on it this time but it's not helping. I'm at 47C and I just booted up... although thats not to bad but under any type of load I'm sure it's gona be over 50c again.

Ohya, diodes I'm not sure of but the heatsink/fan has only 1 clip for each side thats right over the middle... I would prefer something with at least 2 clips for each side to provide stability but ohwell I didn't design this thing... i just bought it cause it had 200+ excellent reviews and was highly recommended by my cousin who uses it on multiple computers and it works great for him... :shrug:

also: fan is ment to run at 2500 and be "silent and efficient" or whatever speeze claims...It is very quite but my stock amd fan ran at like 4700-5300 or something insain.... made a hell of alot of noise and still didn't keep it cool.
Working...
X