Is it a virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a virus?

Hi, I didnt know where else to post this, but this looked the best. I have Windows XP (I didnt d/l SP1 cause I'm 56k, so it must be the standard version). I have two accounts, my account, the administrator, and my brother's account, which is a limited account. For some reason, everytime he uses Internet Explorer, window after window keeps popping up with the title "Yahoo! - Microsoft Explorer". I did a virus scan, an ad-aware 6.0 search, a normal windows search, anything to find a yahoo file. I also cleared the cookies, temporary internet files, and history under his account. My next step would be to delete the account (he rarely uses it, and there's no important data in it), but I'd rather not if there was some way around it. Also, I dont know if that would even work. Anyways, any help is much appreciated. If you need more specific info, just ask and I'll try to find out as muc has I can. Thx in advance for any help, : peace2: Mista K6

in searching I found the question a few times, but not an answer?

I'm assuming it is a Yahoo page that is configured as the homepage in his IE?
    Maybe try switching to something else to see if you can give IE a bump-start (OK, that is lame - but stranger things have happened)

that didn't do it?
    sorry, that leaves me just 1 link to offer you then;
    Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

The good ol' Repair Internet Explorer directions as prescribed for Windows XP
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

you could aslo try Spybot Search & Destroy

sometimes Spybot S&D will pick up stuff that Adaware dosen't and visa versa

Comment

might be something to do with yahoo messenger being installed. try going to add/remove programs (start/settings/control pannel/add-remove programs) and delete any yahoo stuff from there.

Comment

Working...
        X