Windows XPpro crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XPpro crashing

For the second time in a few months I had a major crash, windows fails to start. It starts to load and instead of getting to the users screen I get a blue one saying that the registry cannot load system32\config\software, it also says that the file may be corrupt absent or not writable. I have windows 98 installed, because when I had the first problem I did it so I could save my files. Can I find this file in the windows cd and replace it? Is it a windows problem because I checked my HD for error and it seems to be fine the first time I had the problem there was no warning it would just restart instead of loading.

read this MS KB Article

the error usually occurs because of registry corruption.
    now either it could be because of HD (you ruled out that part), bad memory, overclocking problems or simply fiddling with registry.
    now you take your pick.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

It make a difference if you did a clean intall or if you installed it over another operating system and all so if your drive is formatted under NTFS or FAT 32.

Do a clean install and use NTFS format and you should not have any problems of course Windows 98 will not be able to read any files on the hard drive.

Comment

Working...
      X