Game Cannot launch in Win Xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Cannot launch in Win Xp

Hi, My Nr2003 Game Does not launch. The game cd Spins up,the hour glass appears, then nothing. help plz

Specs
    CD.Combi 16x10
    Intel Celeron 2.ghz
    256 mb ram

Just a few simple suggestions that you may have already tried:
    I'm assuming that other programs still work with the autorun feature?
    Were you able to install the game? If so try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
    Have you installed the latest drivers for your hardware (video card , sound, card, etc)?
    Go to the websites that deal directly with your game and see if there are known issuses with it and what patches/workarounds others are using.
    You may be able to open the install file by clicking directly on the file itself instead of letting autorun do it for you. (open "my computer" then open the nr2003 cd and look for a setup or .exe file that will either install or run the game).
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Other games work fine, installs work fine just NR2003 doesn't want to work....in either the CD drive or the CDRW drive. No other problems with any other games.

I've tried the techies over at the game makers forum and the tech support to no avail....someone referred me to here....

Win XP Home is completely updated, same video drivers as before when the game worked, same audio drivers....even tried disabling the audio card.

Tried deleting the InstallShield folder and emptied all temp folders, ran clean on 3 different virus checkers....

Uninstalled the CD drive from System Properties and let it get found....

Still nothing....

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

I noticed something about a virus scanner in there? When your installing games, or anything for that matter, you should always disable any auto-protect feature of your virus scanner. Just make sure you know what your installing. Leaving it enabled can sometimes screw up the install somehow.

Comment

I've tried it both ways and still the same results I did get an error message on one of the install attempts....attached pic.

I uninstalled it and cleaned the registry and have since reinstalled it without getting any errors....I don't see anything in the System Events either

Comment

If you both have the same problem i would reccomend looking at thier website. But it looks like ya may have a memory leak of some kind.

Comment

you seem to have done almost everything that i could have recommended.

you can look at these two articles as they deal with this problem.
              Install Shield Knowledge Base Article
              Java Technology Help
              Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
              ======================
              jabber : [email protected]
              =======================
              Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Thanks for all the help!! Unfortunately nothing has worked, from BIOS updates to trying Alcohol120....maybe it's the CD:(

Going to try a format and see if that fixes it....

Comment

Working...
                X