Extreem Slow Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreem Slow Boot

When I reinstalled WindowsXP Pro after flashing my bios and reseting all of its info windows takes forever to load (it hangs for about 3 minutes right before the black booting screen, but i can see the image very dimmily) also now xp will only boot if the install cd is in the drive and first boot is set to CD. Any suggestions

My System (if that could help):
    ABit KT7-RAID motherboard
    AMD Athleron 800mHg
    384 MB Kingston Ram
    80 gig Western Digital HD (with xp installed and second primary partition for a future OS)
    30 gig Western Digital HD (for pagefile, backups, and temp files)
    56x cdrom
    TDK cd writer
    Iomega Zip
    floppy

does this MS KB Article helps you?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I never thought of checking there, but I'll try it. Thanks and I be letting you know wether it worked or not.

Comment

Omg! it says on that article it says to create a windows xp boot disk, but how will one go about doing this if he or she can't start thier computer......:rofl: : omg:

Comment

Originally posted by gh0stsurf
          Omg! it says on that article it says to create a windows xp boot disk, but how will one go about doing this if he or she can't start thier computer......:rofl: : omg:
          he could probably boot into safe mode

Comment

or not?.........what happens after it recognizes the drive?

Comment

Yes you could boot in to safe mode, but also risk a corrupted boot disk after all it does copy all the system files and if they're screwed then whats the point of copying them?

Comment

What if, what if, what if.
                That must be coming from people whom are not here to help except be pessimistic and not HELPPPPPPPPPPP others here that need help. Isn't that what this place is all about. Or do you guys not have enough experience to figure other ways to get around these obstacles?

I was always taught, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

If you can boot into safe mode, conect to the neet. Go to www.boogdisk.com. Download one from there and try it out.

If that doesn't work, let us know and see if we can't think of something else.

You could also see if you your local computer store, or a friend can make one for you.

Good lck,
                Chee

Comment

if your link worked...............

Comment

Comment

i bookmarked it............thx
                      i wondered what a boogdisk was :laugh:

Comment

Still having no luck so I:
                        • reset bios
                        • re connected all drive wires
                        • blanked both hard drives
                        • re-partitioned w/PMagic 8 boot disk
                        • re installed windows xp

and i still have the same problem of not booting unless 1st boot is cdrom and install disk in in the drive.:steam:

also when i partitioned with PMagic i had to reformat with xp installer that couldn't format to ntfs

also i got a couple errors like in this thread

Comment

make sure it's adequate and compatible, even between the two sticks of ram you have, no inconsistencies

Comment

Yeah, I get those messages too when I overclock too much.
                            but try the www.memtest86.com
                            I found that after OCing and than running the test, I know if its going to be stable or not.
                            I just keep OCing more and more untill it tells me that there are some errors.
                            And havent seen them since.

Comment

Working...
                            X