User Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Profiles

Within my computer... C:\Documents and Settings, there are two folders called "All Users" and "My name." I'm wondering if there is any way to get rid of the two folders and combine the info into one folder, because I am the only user on this computer and I want to be able to edit the Start Menu and that type of thing a bit easier. Can I just delete one of the folders after copying the files from one to the other? Or will this mess any user settings up? Thanks.

you will probably cause some problems if you got deleteing one of those folders. If it's just the start menu you want to play with, just copy the contents of the All Users Start Menu folder into your Start Menu folder.

Comment

actually you cant delete those folders, I've tried when I had a mishap and it started my username over again and I had a back up sitting there.

Comment

check this thread out

now as i said in that thread, you can do what you want by changing the location where windows saves files for you by changing registry entries.
        i strictly recommend you doing anything like this until you are really comfortable with regedit and also backup before doing anything.
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
        X