Hang ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang ups

did you check in event viewer for any errors?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

between your problems with the linux install and now problems with xp i would say goto the website of your mb manufature and see if there are any bios updates for you mb and go from there

Comment

:mad: I didn't see anything in the event viewer other than a couple of DHCP errors and My computer name had an _ in it.

I formatted the HDD, again, and started to get some new errors. It would go to : BOOT FROM CD: hang there for about 10 seconds then: 1. FD 1.44 system type (0F) then just stop. When I would wait awhile and hit a key the system would just reboot and it would do the same ole sh*t. I unhooked the floppy drive and deleted it in the CMOS setup but I still got the same message.

Next I flashed the BIOS but I might as well have pissed up a rope! It acts the same.
        Soooooooo.......
        Different mobo and a still a plethora of problems. If it was the CPU I would have thought it would just work or not work. Could it cause this cluster _-_-? :shrug:

I know I'm dumb as a box of rocks but gee wiz..... :confused:

Comment

dang sounds like one of those problems that forces us all to buy new hardware oh well good luck with everything:shrug:

Comment

could be a hdd problem. go to seagate's site and see if they have diagnostic software that you can download - if they don't you can get some from Maxtor or Western Digital - and run that. delete that _ from your computer name - windows doesn't like characters in names. do you have the ability to monitor cpu and mobo temperature? overheating can cause all kinds of freaky problems and, yes, the cpu could be part of the problem,

Comment

Working...
            X