Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer

:shoot3: M$
    For some reason IE has started yet another weird thing... When I try to save a graphic from a web page it will only give me the choice of UNTITLED.BMP. I can type in a name but in the FILE TYPE all I have is "BITMAP (*BMP)". The "mouse over" says it is a JPG and shows the name of the file so why doesn't IE save it as such? Micro$oft never ceases to amaze me!
    :flames:

Or is it something I did to screw it up?

well I don't know how to help you with IE, but if you're really fed up with it, I'd recomend this great browser: Firebird :devil:

Comment

Thanks minibubba... :wave:

I like it!! :bounce:

Comment

Originally posted by benue
        :shoot3: M$
        For some reason IE has started yet another weird thing... When I try to save a graphic from a web page it will only give me the choice of UNTITLED.BMP. I can type in a name but in the FILE TYPE all I have is "BITMAP (*BMP)". The "mouse over" says it is a JPG and shows the name of the file so why doesn't IE save it as such? Micro$oft never ceases to amaze me!
        :flames:

Or is it something I did to screw it up?
        I've seen a lot of people with this problem. one thing that works for some is to delete your temporary internet files. go to Tools.. internet Options.. Delete Files. you empty IE cache and you should be able to save images with the correct extension again. You can set the cache to dlete itself when IE closes by going to the advanced tab scrolling down to the security options and checking next to where it says Empty temporary Internet Files Folder when Browser is closed.

Comment

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Thanks asklepios... That did the trick!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Comment

Im with minibubba, go with firebird!!! :thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X