No announcement yet.

Slow Windows 2003 Problem...Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Windows 2003 Problem...Need Help!

Hey guys its me again...quick question...I just installed Windows 2003 and I get this crappy slow down whenever I either right click the desktop and the mouse hits arrange icons or new...everything just freezes....or if for example...im using AIM and I go to My AIM and click AWAY MESSAGES...i get another slow down...it only does this to those types of word branches?? i guess thats how its called....also like if i want to send a copy to the desktop...it would freeze again.....it doesnt do this when i use the start menu....so if anyone has had this problem before or has any idea whats it is all about...then holla back (living in nyc too long)....anyways...thanks alot guys/gals...and i missed ya all...im sure there are a bunch of new people here since tweaktown kicks major aussie ass...lol...take care peeps

FiReBLaZR

what hardware are you running there??
    and it is a proper copy or a beta or sumthing?

Comment

Originally posted by pcmodware.com
      what hardware are you running there??
      and it is a proper copy or a beta or sumthing?
      Well Im back to XP Pro...but yes...it was a clean copy. Now about my system...here it goes...

A7N8X-Deluxe Nforce 2 Rev 1.04
      AMD XP 1700+ @ 2600+ (333fsb)
      512mb PC2700 DDR (2x 256 chips in Dual Channel)
      Onboard sound and Nic
      2 Western Digital HDD
      Geforce 4 ti4400
      52x CDROM
      52x24x40x CDRW
      Dual Monitors
      I guess thats it...

Just to add this...before I installed any drivers either for nforce or the graphix or any window updates...i wasnt recieving this problem...im guessing it had to do with the nforce drivers or the detonator drivers...who knows...im back at xp for now...i will go back eventually when things look better...cause 2003 is really sweet...really quick and stable...but anyways...back to xp...hey man...thanks anyways for helping out even if you asked for my system....talk to ya later....peace

FiReBLaZR

Comment

Working...
      X